New Addition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrybuns

Reaction score
So last Friday my husband called me and asked if to have a cage ready for a new rabbit. I guess there was a Flemish Giant that had been let free and was living in the yard at work. One of the truck drivers almost hit him and when my husband said something to him he was like "so who cares??" So my hubby brought him home. He had some ticks and had a nail ripped out but other than that he seems pretty healthy and wasnt even skinny which surprised me because he had been out free for a few weeks. My hubby removed the ticks from him and we set him up with some fresh food water and hay. He is honestly the sweetest rabbit I have ever encountered and tooth purrs as soon as we pet him. He also has no issues with being picked up or put back in the cage as far as handling goes although he already thumps in discontent when we put him back because he loves his snuggles. His name is Yardley and I will share a pic as soon as I remember to charge up my camera batteries.

Sarah,Yardley sounds wonderful. I can hardly wait to see pictures of hiom.

Your hubby sounds wonderful, taking this bunny home.

Are you going to keep him and if so are you going to bond him with one of yours?

Susan:)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee another Flemmie :woohoo

What a GREAT hubby! What jerk for the other guy to say what he said, that makes me very sad.

He sounds like a wonderful addition. So you think someone let him loose or do you think he got out and lost? I only say that becasue I can't imagine someone letting go of such what sounds like a perfect and sweet bunners.

CONGRATS, can't wait to see pics of him and what a great name. Makes perfect sense. I rescuesd a schnauzer from the middle of a busy road called Camden and ended up keeping him becasue there were sure signs of years of neglect so I never posted anything about finding a lost dog. Instead I kept him for the few years he had left and spoiled him rotten and named him Camden! The poor dog never even knew what a dog toy was, he was covered with tumors and had a mouth full broken teeth from bitting at a fence. I only knew he was a schnauzer at first site because I grew up having multiple schnauzers. He was a muddy matted mess when i took him in. I ended up putting him down becasue his cancer and bad back got the best of him and I did not want him to suffer. He died licking my face which just killed me. Needless to say he lived out a wonderfull 2 years with me and ended up having a favorite toy he would carry everywhere with him, a little hedge hog. I still have it.

BLESS YOU and your hubby for saving him :big kiss:

Sadly where my hubby works I doubt that if he'd gotten loose he would have gotten that far. My guess is that someone took him for a drive down a long dirt road and set him free because my hubby's work backs on to a long dirt road. Fergie our bun that recently passed came to us after her owners decided they wanted to let her free and friends of ours took her in.

We plan on keeping him because there just arent many rabbit lovers around here and he is already turning into my husband's heart bun. I wont be able to bond him to other buns because he is not neutered and is sprouting enough grey hairs that I wouldnt want to risk a neuter. We lost an older nethie during a neuter so I am nervous to put an older pet under without knowing their age and health history.
Must_Love_Pets that is a heartwarming story that you gave that poor dog a good last few years.

Horrah to both of you. That rabbit and dog are and were very lucky to have found the two of you. The rabbit knows that you are a bunny person and will be your bestest buddy. Great things come in small unwanted packages.

Latest posts

Back