Neville's First "Big Boy" Adventure

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy McClelland wrote:
So fluffy!
Fluffy just doesn't quite describe his fur. Just so soft and fine. Never have I felt such softness in a coat before.

Thanks, he's such a pleasure to have in the house.

K :)

Update on Neville.

Neville is now 8 weeks old. And full of energy and curiosity.

This morning he was very active on his time in the kitchen with us. Lots of experiments on how he can run fast. Lots of weaving through the kitchen table legs and the kitchen chair legs, along with my Husband's legs as he was sitting on that chair. All our bunnies love to sit under my Husband's chair, to clean or observe and definitely get forehead rubs from Dad.

I watched as Neville would get a new scent (probably Willard, Dobby, Kreacher or Jake, shake his head and then dart of running. I've a red tablecloth down but I know he smells the others on the rug.

We laughed as Neville discovered a really "airborn" binkie. The look on his face was priceless. He couldn't believe it happened himself. Still awkward but more sure footed. Definitely testing his speed and agility. And still needs lots of practice. Thank goodness for all the fur.

Neville is definitely fascinated with Jake. Went right over to the gate to press his nose through the bars and try to get where Jake was laying on the other side.

I can understand why they call these Lion Head kits "Dust Bunnies". Everything clings to him and he leaves a trail of hay, Eco shredding, and poo as they go. Constantly has something sticking to his face.

And always after I take the time to comb him so he's this fluffy "dust bunny", 10 minutes in his crate and it looks like I did nothing. Neville has decided that I don't groom him properly so he spends that 10 minutes doing it all over himself.

He definitely high maintenance, but definitely worth it.

Wow! That's the best looking Roomba I've ever seen! Who did you get to create the customized Ewok shell on that thing?? And with the boomerang, self-returning controls, bicep check, AND perimeter detecting software?!?! Move over Mr. Dyson!
Must have cost you a MINT!
:wink:biggrin:

Uh, yea. This is what happens when I stay up late watching Star Trek...

Neville is doing well. Here's some current pics of my Lion Head Buck being groomed.

I love the Blue coming out of this little Guy!

BUNNYS1049.jpg

BUNNYS1070.jpg

K:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Oh my what a cute little Fluff Ball.

Love his colour.

Susan:)

Thanks Susan. That Blue is just coming through every day.

Love my little Fluff Ball. But boy is he starting to test. lol. He's showing his personality of "I don't want to do that right now. I want to wander and explore and play with Jake." "And don't touch my neck or chest."

Amazing that people have to mess with your mail. I joined the North American Lionhead Rabbit Club. Not a whole lot of money, but when you receive the package in your mailbox and it has been open, and then you find out your membership cards are gone and the guidebook is gone, just makes me wonder.

ZRabbits will exist. Just a shame people are that low.

Got an email. Getting a new packet in the mail from the Club. And we are also filing a report with the District and the Main office in Chicago (Post Office). Tired of people messing with my mail. It just started but it's really irritating. Nothing important right now, but you never know.

Anyway, looking forward to getting my packet and definitely the Guidebook so that I can start reading about what's expected.

Also will be joining the ARBA soon. Need to get involved in that as well.

Our plan is in line and we are taking out time. Neville and Luna need to grow up a bit and then we can start. Can't wait to see what this pair can do.

Neville has found his reflection. Loves it. lol. We have a stereo cabinet with glass doors. Neville saw his reflection in it for the first time. Kept going back to it. Truly funny. Must thought another rabbit was in there. Where he's at now, he really can see Willard, which he's fascinated with.

He's getting more and more daring too. Really apply the use of his legs. Especially the jumping part. On and off the wooden enclosure. More and more curious with Jake. But will come to me when a bit nervous about something. Just for reassurance.

9 weeks old Saturday. I can really see the difference in 3 weeks. Can't wait for his new crate to arrive. He's really outgrown the one we have him in now. I thought I would have more time. lol But I have to say, a lot of that growth is hair. There's a little body under that hair. lol

K:)

Neville is now 9 weeks old. Here's a current video of our boy having a good time outside his crate.

Just click on pic to watch video.

So far so good. He's doing well. Transitioning to Oxbow Pellets for Young Rabbits going very well. No problems.

Can't wait for Neville to meet his future wife Luna. This is when it becomes all interesting.

Back