Never poops the same way for long

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyann

Have courage and be kind.
Reaction score
I just wondered if any of you experience this. It sure is hard on the nerves if you have a rabbit prone to g.i. stasis.
Alf pooped about 300 a day +/- maybe 20 balls for his first three years. That is when he wasn't having tummy problems. He pooped over night about 140, 50 or so 5pm to 7pm then 100 to 125 in the evening. Pretty regular as clockwork. Last summer(2021) he started popping 400+ after recovering from a molar trim and minor g.i.stasis.
400! Everyday. Pooped all afternoon! Not like him but we didn't mind. Every day 400 or so good big poops.
He had a very rough dental, new drugs, and then a bad g.i. stasis last month. He recoverd but now he's back to 300+/- a day and no afternoon poops. So weird! A little worrying but my sister says he's a bit of a nightmare. He does NO poops from 10am to 5 or 6pm? We are very experienced but no one wants to go through a g.i.stasis.

Is he maybe resting more during that time? If he's being less active during that period, that might explain it.

Back