Never knew rabbit could swim

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djluster

Reaction score
Lilly My flemish Giant rabbit Knows how to swim, I never knew that rabbit could swim, but she was out playing the backyard while I was at work and my mom and scott where watching her and they went inside the house and a little while later they saw she had somehow got into the pool. dont know how or where she got in. I dont knwo if shesaw the water and was tring to drink it and fell in or what happened but she was in the pool.but I guess rabbit can swim like dogs never knew, plus i thought it was a funny story. She is ok here coat is dry and she seems fine.But I never knew that rabbits could swim now I do.

That's so strange because I read that when rabbits swim/go in deep water they gO into shock and could have a heartattack. That's so funny she likes it!

There are a few videos on YouTube of rabbits swimming. Some are actually swimming & some are just floating there super scared looking.

I guess it's possible that some rabbits could like to swim, like some cats like water. Bunch of weirdos. ;)

sounds like you need to rig a float near the edge where your bunny can get out if it happens again. Pretty much all can swim and float, but, some don't come by it naturally or necessary like it. What I saw on the Youtube video was someone subjecting their rabbit to a situation that the rabbit didn't like. We had a Doberman that loved water as much as a Lab, while the others felt like they didn't want to be anywhere near the pool.

There is a video of Jimmy Carter when he was president (I think) of him in a row boat and a wild rabbit swam towards his boat, Jimmy being the great man that he thought he was/is, smacked it away with a the oar paddle thingie. That turned me into a republican lol, good thing I was too young to vote then.

Back