Neutral Ground for bonding ? Help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahbunny

Reaction score
Hi all... Just at point now where both bunnies are just spayed and neutered... all gone fine so far.. scar on the little girl baby has scabbed a bit but looks healthy still.. I bought them in for 7 days to let them heal and keep them warm until the last two days i left all windows open in the day to get them back to the cold air so it wasnt such a shock.. they have now happily been back outside for two nights and seem fine.. Now in the spring i plan to bring them back into the room they were in to heal for the bonding but will it be neutral ground..?. They were in cages on tarpaulin this time.. boy bunny was allowed a run around a couple of times once he healed but didnt wee on the carpet.. just one poo i found.. baby girl didnt get to go around the room at all.. When they come back in the spring will it be neutral enough and if not can you suggest what i can do please.. want to start off right and get them bonded..would hate it to muck things up after all the effort so far... Many thanks ahead of time.. Sarah and fluffs:bunnydance:

Last edited:
Any ideas would be really appreciated.. i thought if i disinfected the tarp and made sure things were moved around a bit.. i will keep them out of that room until the bonding.. would that work? x

When I was bonding my neutral area began to feel stale as far as my gut was telling me and I needed to do something drastic. Having no area but that one that was neutral I created a "new" area by rearranging furniture, putting down sheets of coroplast and the pens. I think it did the trick, both my buns acted as if they were in a new area. So I think that yes as long as you thoroughly clean and change some things around any area can be neutral.

After a couple months' time, which will inevitably include a few passes with the vacuum or whatever as part of routine housekeeping, and with the cages and tarpaulin gone, it should come across as neutral to them... especially given that they were *both* in there at the same time, weren't there for very long and were recovering from major surgery during their stay in the room. Neither one should've had reason to feel they had established it as "theirs" and it should look and smell different after a couple months anyway.

Ah brilliant that is great news.. i was running out of places lol.. Thank you so much for your help..
Sarah and fluffs xxxx:hbunnysmell:

Back