Neutering Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat70

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone had their bun neutered lately , what is the price in the UK ? Doe & Buck

Alsoearliest age to get it done ?

Hi my oldest bun is over a year - hes a boy .I have just got a female she is in her own hutch and is 13 weeks old .Im going to bond them .

Do you know the recovery times for Bucks and does its been a long time since i had any of my bunnies nuetered.

I had my cats all done and the next day they were back to normal even though a recovery time was a couple of weeks! - bunnies i know are different.

I want them both in the same hutch together so i can let them out together also.

females you want to give at least a week or two before putting her with the neutered male. but for a male you have to wait at least 2 monthsso that all the sperm is out of his system beforeputting him with the female. so you might want to get him done soon and then when the female is of age get her done. then the male will be ready tobe with the female because he got donebefore her. also i read that you where thinkingof breeding them.please don't, there are so many bunnies out there that need homes. i own a rabbit rescue and isometimes can't take bunnies in because i am so full and then who know wherethose rabbits end up. please just think about itbefore you breed, maybe check out a shelter or rescue that has rabbits. and see how many theyhave.

mandy

Hi,

I havnt decided whether to breed yet.The rabbits i have are well looked after and if i do breed homes are there for them .Either way if i breed them and they have one litter or not they are getting Neutered afterwards. There are so many rabbits in Rescue homes i agree .People take them on without realising.

I looked to rescue homes before i bought both my rabbits both are from show stock.

Females have a much longer recovery time because the spay procedure is more invasive than a neuter. Amber's recovery time was about a week and a half. As for males, Devon was back to his normal self withing two or three days.

I personally wouldn't suggest breeding them, just for the experience of one time. There's too big of a risk, espcially if you've grown attatched to her as a pet. There could be complications, or even the litter not making it. I personally wouldn't suggest breeding just one time for the cute babies.

Spring wrote:
I personally wouldn't suggest breeding them, just for the experience of one time. There's too big of a risk, espcially if you've grown attatched to her as a pet. There could be complications, or even the litter not making it. I personally wouldn't suggest breeding just one time for the cute babies.

Most excellentstatement :bunnydance:

Pam

Latest posts

Back