Neutering advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny_08

Reaction score
Benny is 5 months now and I'm not sure if he has started spraying. There is a very distinctive smell around my house recently? What do I need to be looking out for??

I know with Chewy, his poo had an onion smell to it. If you can neuter him, you won't be sorry. Chewy never pees outside the litter box now. He still occasionally marks with his droppings here and there, but doesn't leave piles of them, like he used to. Plus it made him much sweeter and less reclusive. I haven't had to clean his scent glands since he was neutered either, he is cleaning those on his own.

He may never spray, or he may be spraying and you just don't notice it. It was ages before I noticed the walls around my first rabbits cage were covered in urine, there wasn't even a bad smell, but man he could aim high!
But yes typically when males get older their pee stinks to high heaven! Uggh its nasty! Not as bad as un-neutered male cat, but pretty stinky sometimes. Its all individual.
Best to just get him neutered to avoid other issues as well.

Back