Neuter help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpers_Mom

Reaction score
Hi all...Thumper got snipped today :cry2. He has been hopping around a bit and eating. He also pooped normally. What is worrying me is that he won't drink anything. I think he was making an attempt to pee a couple of times but nothing happened. Is this normal? I just want to make sure that he is ok. I am quite worried.

He's fine, if he's eating and pooping a little, he's doing great. :)

Can you give him a little diluted juice to make him drink something? Probably best to entice him, esp. if he's on pain meds, but feeling a little uncomfortable in the nether regions after what he's been through is perfectly normal!

It's tough seeing them uncomfortable, though, isn't it? But boy neuters are pretty easy and non-evasive, he's not in any excruciating pain.

Hugs and nose pats all around!

:hug1

aww poor guy. Sounds like hes doing alright though so far.

I like Pipp's idea, add a little juice or flavored pedialyte to his water to make it taste yummy. He should be drinking by tomorrow though.

Keep us posted. Sending lots of get well vibes for Thumper.

Poor Thumper. Sounds like he's doing alright. Another thing to mention is if you normally give him water from a bottle, give him a bowl for now. I read that sometimes they don't want to work to get the water out of a bottle and a bowl makes it easier on them. I found that to be true when I got my Ookpik spayed.

Hope he recovers quickly!

~Diana

No pain meds. In the madness at the shelter I totally forgot to ask for it. He doesn't seem to be in any pain though he is grooming a lot down there as I type. He still hasn't been drinking anything and now his poops have gotten smaller.

I have to get him a dish for the water. Thx for the advice! I'll keep you updated.

He still hasn't been drinking anything and now his poops have gotten smaller.
If he keeps not drinking, you may want to try syringing him some water or pedialyte. Just be very careful to go slow to avoid getting any in his lungs. Also, you could try a little bit of canned pumpkin. It has good fiber and water content. Don't want those poops getting smaller. :)

I am happy to say that Thumper is doing GREAT! He is drinking and eating and playing, giving kisses and pooping fine!

Thank you all for your help! You've made this experience less nerve racking and I truly appreciate it. :happyrabbit:

Latest posts

Back