Netherland Dwarf Juniors :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelanatty

Natty Dwarfs Rabbitry
Reaction score
I just HAD to show you my current litter of silver martens. They all look pretty good! I know they always all look good at this age, 3 weeks old, but these little guys are really impressing me so far. DOB: 8/27/2010

#1 Silver Marten Buck- This one is my favorite of the litter.

13125_181736_490000000.jpg

#2 Silver Marten Doe- She looks pretty good, and depending on her development I may decide to keep her.

13125_181736_490000001.jpg

#3 Silver Marten Buck- Doesn't look quite as good as his brother, but still has a chance.

13125_181736_490000002.jpg

Next up is my show prospect. He is 4 months old and his first show will be next week. DOB: 6/14/2010

13125_181734_380000003.jpg

apologies about him being overposed. I just really needed a picture.

Any comments on them would be appreciated, though I know it isn't good to jump the gun with little babies. Either way, they are cute! :)

Eee! So cute! I love the little doe. :) I may never breed NDs even though I kept one from my mother when she had to sell hers, she's a Sable Marten, but even if I never breed them I love how cute they are. :)

Good luck with that show prospect!

CoolWaterRabbitry wrote:
Eee! So cute! I love the little doe. :) I may never breed NDs even though I kept one from my mother when she had to sell hers, she's a Sable Marten, but even if I never breed them I love how cute they are. :)

Good luck with that show prospect!
Thanks! I'll let you know how he does next week! :)

My favorite is also the buck. He has a very nice balanced appearance. Cant wait to see how they do :)

Buck 1 is by far the best right now. Looks like a potential keeper.

Doe 1 is iffy. I'm not sure if it's the pose, but she appears long. I actually can't decide. =/ I hate judging tiny babies by pictures.

Buck 2 just isn't as nice as his brother. But a decent buck in body so far, anyway.

I actually really dislike the otter. He doesn't have nice bone, appears to have a low headset (again, could be the photo), and for not being super over posed (I actually only think his front feet needed to be placed forward, the back feet look okay), he's a little undercut.
I can appreciate his ears, however. nice and open.
He's also 4 months. Probably pulling out of the ganglies/uglies?

X3 I'll have photos of juniors for critique soon, that you can pick apart.

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:

Doe 1 is iffy. I'm not sure if it's the pose, but she appears long. I actually can't decide. =/ I hate judging tiny babies by pictures.

Buck 2 just isn't as nice as his brother. But a decent buck in body so far, anyway.

I actually really dislike the otter. He doesn't have nice bone, appears to have a low headset (again, could be the photo), and for not being super over posed (I actually only think his front feet needed to be placed forward, the back feet look okay), he's a little undercut.

Thanks. I really just wanted to show them off for right now. This is the first litter I have had that was actually all silver martens and silver martens that actually are going to be good enough to show and such.

The otter is definitely coming out of his ganglies. Two weeks ago he looked a lot worse than that. He was the best of what I got out of my last batch, so I kept him. He won't be staying around for too much longer though, unless I get a chinchilla doe to breed him with. We will see about that Friday and Saturday, though.

And unrelatedly, It's nice to see you back on the Forum. I was starting to wonder where you had gone. :)

I was thinking that about the bone to but could just be the way hes posed, other than that I think he looks great!

I guess I can't judge him really because I follow the BRC standards:p

lelanatty wrote:

Thanks. I really just wanted to show them off for right now. This is the first litter I have had that was actually all silver martens and silver martens that actually are going to be good enough to show and such.

The otter is definitely coming out of his ganglies. Two weeks ago he looked a lot worse than that. He was the best of what I got out of my last batch, so I kept him. He won't be staying around for too much longer though, unless I get a chinchilla doe to breed him with. We will see about that Friday and Saturday, though.

And unrelatedly, It's nice to see you back on the Forum. I was starting to wonder where you had gone. :)
Woah. I reread my comments, and I came off really rude and mean! I'm sorry!
=/ Didn't mean to do that. I think what I was trying to get at with the otter is he's much more of the 'Petite style of dwarf (who aren't the thick, massive ones). I've been starting to try to pick that out of my herd, so that's the first thing that came to mind. How's his width in the midsection and hind quarter?

And thank you! XD I've just been busy I guess, lately. Kinda took a break from rabbit forums after a few heated debates that went south. Took a long trip down to California to pick up some stock and visit a friend, and now I'm back and feeling like the good ole debater I usually am. LOLjk. =D

Woah. I reread my comments, and I came off really rude and mean! I'm sorry!
=/ Didn't mean to do that. I think what I was trying to get at with the otter is he's much more of the 'Petite style of dwarf (who aren't the thick, massive ones). I've been starting to try to pick that out of my herd, so that's the first thing that came to mind. How's his width in the midsection and hind quarter?

And thank you! XD I've just been busy I guess, lately. Kinda took a break from rabbit forums after a few heated debates that went south. Took a long trip down to California to pick up some stock and visit a friend, and now I'm back and feeling like the good ole debater I usually am. LOLjk. =D

I didn't take it as mean at all. I know I'm just as bad or worse sometimes when I critique yours.

The entire reason that I knew I wanted to keep him in the first place was because of his width. His body is very big and bold, he has good width.

I haven't managed to completely understand 'bone' yet. When you say that he doesnt look like he has good bone, which part of him are you looking at to determine this?

front limbs. Tree trunks (like hollands) seems to be the current trend, and is what I personally like. You want short, thick front legs. Short (presumably thick) hocks.

teehee, I'm just going to assume that the otter doesn't photograph well. Same thing with my herd buck. Aweeesome buck, but every single photo I take is like, ICK MONSTAR.

front limbs. Tree trunks (like hollands) seems to be the current trend, and is what I personally like. You want short, thick front legs. Short (presumably thick) hocks.

teehee, I'm just going to assume that the otter doesn't photograph well. Same thing with my herd buck. Aweeesome buck, but every single photo I take is like, ICK MONSTAR.

Ok good, we're on the same page about bone. Hollands was what I was thinking as well.

Actually, I never really thought about not photographing well... and I do remember some of Kiddo's photos, lol. That could be it, idk really.

Anyway, we have a show tomorrow and Saturday so I'll let you know how he does.

Latest posts

Back