Nestle's new cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
A friend lost the last of her ferrets the other week, and she gave me this cage. It's huge! After a LOT of re-arranging in the den, and some bunnies moved to the basement (had 9 cages/rabbits in my den...way too crowded) I finally got the cage moved in. I still have to add toys and things, and get a smaller tarp for around it (the only one hubby had is HUGE, with most of what's being used still folded up. LOL). So far he's only been using the top floor and the small ledge, totally ignoring the large floor and 2 other ledges.

I also need to change out the rectangle litter box for smaller corner ones, because he has yet to use his box in the cage. And I still have to move the 3 babies over to the other corner, then dust (fun, fun...not!).

cage.jpg

cage2.jpg

He is too cute! That looks like a nice cage for him too! Maybe he will get used to the other floors after a while. I know it took all of my buns a day or 2 to explore EVERYTHING =]

Thanks! I'm hoping once I get toys and stuff on the other floors he'll go down there. But he likes up high, so the bottom half will probably never see him. LOL

Very nice cage! Only one suggestion-it may be worth sticking some carpet over those ramps so he can get a better grip without his toes/nails getting caught, because that could be really bad nad painful.

Thanks, everyone! I've taken the ramps out, because he just jumps up and down. But he's not going to be able to keep the cage because he's not using his litter boxes. At all. Ever. :( Hubby has been very tolerant about having so many bunnies in the house, but not in a cage that the urine ends up on the floor (well, tarp, but still...). I'll just keep the cage outside, and he can use it when it gets nice out.

Latest posts

Back