Nest box Warmer Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph72

Reaction score
OK, I thought you deserved pictures of the "nest box warmer babies."

100_3390.jpg

100_3383.jpg

Notice how much bigger the blue is than the tort? :) That little one is making sure he/she gets the food it wants.

I'm not sure on the color of the two lighter ones. Cream? Blue tort? The ear color is making me lean towards the latter....any thoughts?

Mom Clover has a mismark on her face and nose, which explains the one white toe on the blue and the white nose on the one lighter one. Dad is a tort like the littlest guy.

Thanks! Keeping them in one place to try to take a picture was rather hilarious. I also took pictures of my baby Lionlops today. They appear to be all blues (one of my favorite colors):

100_3355.jpg

They were born on Wednesday.

So the blue in the first picture is on it's way to me, yes? :D

I think the blue in the first picture is coming to my school, actually. Our Life Skills class in here in our HS is looking for a class pet. They picked out that one from the very first pictures I sent them when he/she was only a few days old. They're going to have them all come in when they are older and choose from all five, but they are definitely leaning towards the blue one.

Soooo cute!!!! I didn't know you had a second litter. Great, baby pictures and more baby pictures:D

Sabine,

Actually, after this morning, I have five litters.

The Hollands, the Lionlops, and just this morning my AFL gave birth to four (only two made it), my Sable Point Lionhead gave birth (too dark to see well in her nest yet but it was bouncing), and my Black Lionhead had four.

I actually acrued a "bunny list" over the past few months, so these "Spring babies" are going to help fill the list for those that wanted bunnies. Some of them are going to our local 4H program that is pretty active. Others are just going to homes as pets to be spoiled. There's definitely been a lot of activity in the barn these past few weeks, and I can't wait until these little guys are big enough to play and get loved up.

These are first generation Lionlops. To be honest, I "shopped around" with breeders in the states that said they had "Lionlops" and found several of them that hadn't really mastered the cross-breed (mostly those that were bred to lops whose heads were not broad enough and their ears did not lop). I talked to a few breeders in Europe a few years ago when I was thinking about trying the breed because of what I saw in pictures coming out of Europe. The one breeder I spoke to pointed me towards what she thought would create the best Lionlops. This is my fourth litter of Lionlops. I'm still learning (aren't we all?), but I'm pleased with the structure, ears, and manes of those that I've raised so far. Of course, they're only pets here in the states, but they are appreciated by their owners...so I guess that's the best reward. :)

I forced the Hollands out of the nest tonight for "exercise time." One of them was really sporting the Helicopter look. LOL I really need to get some more pictures of them soon. They grow so quickly.

The Lionlops already have so much more fur than they did on Sunday when I took that pic. It's amazing how fast their hair grows, isn't it?

My Sable Point had five babies in that "bouncing nest." I bred her with my Sable Point Chewy as they have produced some excellent kits in the past that have gone on to do well for our local 4H kids at competitions.

So, the count is up to 21 babies right now....I might need someone else to help me spoil bunnies in a few weeks.....how does everyone's schedule look? :biggrin2:

I'll help you book the flight Sabine! :)

I don't know if they can be lilacs as I don't have any chocolates in their lineage as far back in the pedigrees that I can find. There are obviously blues in the genetics as mom is a blue and dad has blue in the genes. They do not look like the blue tort that I'm familiar with in my Lionheads (where I have more experience breeding...this is my first Holland litter so the colors may be different than I'm used to). I thought they might be cream, but the ears are slightly blue, which you can see on the second picture when one is looking away from the camera.

Back