Nervous about Neutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just at the vet today with my rabbits. The vet said that if they have to wear the cone then you will have to feed him is night fecies because he will not be able to eat them themselfs. Just thought that I should let you know that you need to save them and hand feed it to him. It might be grose but it will help. Hope that he get better soon.

I had heard that before too Lauren. Thanks for the reminder :) So far he has only eaten about 10 pellets and maybe 15 craisins and some oats. Thats all he will eat. Is it better to give him the treats or just wait? I don't want his digestive tract to stop, I know that's bad. I have only seen 1 or 2 poops since he got home at 4. Is that ok?

As long as he's eaten SOMETHING his digestive tract won't shut down, but I wouldn't give him any more craisins since they are high in sugar. If you start to get really worried, try syringe-feeding some canned pumpkin. Apparently that's good for fiber, lubrication, and hydration. His poos will be weird for the next day or two though. Hope he feels better soon!

He ate about 5 more pellets from my hand. That makes about 20 total for the night :) He's also had oats, which isn't too healthy but better then nothing.

I've also seen him take 2 nice long drinks :)

....annnnnnd we have poop!!! and pee! :yahoo: :clapping: :pet:
I think I've finally relaxed a little.

Latest posts

Back