Nelson is gone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIpitydane

Reaction score
I don't know any other way to say this..except...Nelson is dead. I came home from work, and he was in he and Elton's NIC cage....dead. This was yesterday...but it took me this long to post. I am devestated. I don't know what happened. He was neutered last Thursday..I do not think that this was related to surgery however. He was completely fine when I left. They are confined while I am at work so there was nothing for him to get into. Elton is fine....but without his friend. I'm numb. My heart is broken. He was 18 weeks. He was 11 pounds day of surgery....he was getting to be my big boy. To say that I miss him terribly doesn't even describe what I am feeling. This emptiness is horrible.

Awww, that's terrible. I am so sorry to hear that, especially since it was so sudden an unexpected. *hugs*

We're so sorry that you lost Nelson. Losing any bunny always leaves a huge hole in your heart. To quote Johnny Cash, "I don't like it, but, I guess things happen that way". We have lost some of our younger bunnies without warning too. I wish there were sage words of wisdom that would help to lessen your pain, but if there are, we haven't found them yet. Rest in peace big boy, you are loved and will be missed greatly.:bunnyangel:

I know how It is shocking to find your bunny passed..My heart is so sad for u ..and I can't say I know what it is..or why it happened.. I can say..iam so sorry for your loss...sending u a big hug and love and wishing u peace..
Xoxoxo

Oh My Goodness! I am so sorry for your loss, Erin. When I lost my Miss Bean, this verse was comforting for me:
"For the soul of every living thing is in the hand of God"
Job12:10 (The Living Bible)

I imagine our bunnies being "made new" and playing in beautiful meadows where they are safe and happy with the One Who Made them.

I hope you find peace and healing for your wounded heart.

yerz,
Ellen

Back