Neighbor's Rabbit ^_^

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
We'vebeen spying on the neighbors for over a week now, ever since we realized they got a rabbit. Lol. Jeff found out that the bunny's name is Maegan and she bit one of the girls :pThe neighbor kids have been playing with her everyday since they got her but I wasn't able to see her through the hedge nor the upstairs window...

Today, I went out to ready the garden to clean Twizzler's tarp and just as I was heading on over to the shed to open the door for the rabbits I heard the kids start screaming and crying frantically. 'De konijn, de konijn!!!'

And next thing I know I spot bunny ears at my feet. Lol. She just hopped right on over as if to introduce herself. She must smell my bunnies so she must be drawn to coming here rather than heading off in any other direction. I gave her head a very quick petting and pushed her back under the hedge where I indicated to the kids to take her. The little girl told me she had her and they stopped crying.

Of course the mum came out wondering what was going on so they told her and then she proceeded to calm them down.

So... I FINALLY got to see Maegan :pShe's cute, she looks like Giggles but it seems she has a bit of white. It was a brief encounter, I really wanted the kids to know it was ok. Poor kids. They do seem to really love her. Like I said, they play with her every day. The parents set up a bench by the hutch so they can sit and hold her. (It's a child's bench so not too high either)

Hehe I will probably leave them a toy or something in the mailbox. :biggrin2:

Lol if only it were so easy... I don't speak dutch so I don't communicate much with people. We do chit chat a bit but not too much really. We just moved in so I expect thiswill probablybring us closer. Lol. :biggrin:plus, it was fun and silly to spy :p

do they know you have rabbits also? that could be a GREAT ice breaker and really initiate conversation even though you may not speak the same language. maybe they are "spying" on YOU as well lol

jujub793 wrote:
why don't you introduce yourself to them and just ask to see their bunny? You can tell them about this forum :D
Then they'll find out they've been spied on for a week :p:biggrin2:

Well you've already seen thier bunny (even without spying). It sounds like these little girls would be THRILLED to meet you and your bunnies and to show you theirs!

Language barriers fall right down when excited kids are around. :)

I am still really good friend with my former neighbour and one of the reasons was our love for rabbits. I knew they had rabbits and when we bought our first rabbit Coco I was dying to show her off. As it turned out Coco introduced herself anyhow....:)

I bet the kids would love to see your rabbits. I also think the idea of leaving a rabbit toy in the mailbox is great. I am not a kid and I would be excited about that!! May be you could put the toy in the mailbox with a note that they are welcome to come take a look at your rabbits or if they would like.

Latest posts

Back