Neglet and Cruelty to Rabbits in the UK

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bassetluv wrote:
I haven't posted on this thread before now, but did read itthe other day, and must say seeing the pics and hearing the story is soheartbreaking. I just wanted to say bless you, Janex, for being someonewho does care about these beautiful little souls, when it appears thatno one else involved has.

You are an angel :hug2:

I just wish I could do more. It is so frustrating as at the moment thecrazy Animal Welfare Laws within the UK appear to protect theCRIMINALS!!

I will try to find out what has happened to Alysia (Rex). The not knowing is breaking my heart :(:(

Janex

How horrifying! My goodness, this is awful! I amspeechless about how it has been handled by the animal welfareorganization and the RSPCA! How can they just turn a blind eye towardsit, and make excuses! What a horrible and irresponsible person to havethose beautiful animals in such shocking conditions!

I'll be praying for you and those bunnies, and hopefully something morecan be done to punish the breeder and get those poor animals out ofthatcruel persons custody! I don't know about the laws in theUK, but would this case, if instead of rabbits had been dogs, would ithave been handled the same way?

Spring wrote:
I don't know about the laws in the UK, but wouldthis case, if instead of rabbits had been dogs, would it have beenhandled the same way?

I always get the impression that Dogs/Cats/Horses are higher up thepriority list as far as the RSPCA are concerned. The more I think aboutall that has happened over the last few weeks the more angry Iget....:growl:

Janex

maybe if u could highlight whats going on. radio or newspaper the rspca would have to do something about it now.

OMG Jane, I am so sorry that you are having to go through all this - and even sorrier for those poor rabbits :(!

I agree that the laws for animal welfare in this country are pathetic,and totally outdated. I used to be a member of the RSPCA, but leftseveral years ago because they were so inept, and never seemed to dovery much at all. I cannot believe that this breeder has had no actiontaken against them.

Is it possible to find out if Alysia is up for adoption at anRSPCA centre? If so, perhaps 'a friend' could adopt her and re-uniteyou. I wish I lived nearer to you to be able to be of more use. Pleaselet us know if you hear of anything.

Jan

RexRabbit wrote:
Spring wrote:
Idon't know about the laws in the UK, but would this case, if instead ofrabbits had been dogs, would it have been handled the same way?

I always get the impression that Dogs/Cats/Horses are higher up thepriority list as far as the RSPCA are concerned. The more I think aboutall that has happened over the last few weeks the more angry Iget....:growl:

Janex
That is so true, the RSPCA don't really care about rabbits at all, aperson would never have been arrested if the had rescued a dog in thatcondition, no way!:nonono: I really hope the change in the law makes Idifference, but I'm not very hopeful...

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

If I did not have my other 38 Rabbits toconsider I would have 'hidden' Alysia and refused to say where she was.But that would have meant further detention in Police custody whichwould put my other Rabbits at risk.

I so wish I knew if Alysia was safe. If the RSPCA have not returned herto the breeder then I suspect she will be at a 'holding centre' whereanimals that are the subject of a possible prosecution are kept.Trouble is Animals at these holding centres often get handed back tothe owner in the end. I know of two Ponies who were in the care of theRSPCA for 2 YEARS and eventually handed back the the owner who hadneglected them

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh it really is beyond belief......:growl:

Janex

There is Neglect and Cruelty all over the World. And there is good and bad in all rescues. As well as breeders and people who purchase.

Example: Camden County Shelter was caught selling dogs for experiments. Now it wasn't everyone there but a bad few. It has now been revamped and there are really good people there, along with lots of volunteers. They really promote children coming and getting involved.

Don't knock all rescues because some are bad or not really bad, but naive and have no knowledge of the care of rabbits.

Instead of knocking them down, bring attention to the bad ones and compliment the good ones.

To those who truly take their rescue job to heart (paid or volunteer) my hats off to you. We need places like this for those who feel that animals are just throw aways.

K :)

BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:
This is an ooolddd post guys. ;) Look at the date.

Emily
Yep, I know. Saw it before I posted. But its good to bring up old but important issues every once in a while, IMHO.

K :)

Latest posts

Back