Needy bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnoccibun

Reaction score
Hi all. My bun is now about 5 months old and has still not been spayed (1 month to go). From all the research I've done its my understanding that rabbits can be very choosy when it comes to receiving attention from humans and sometimes like to be left alone, not touched or not cuddled. However I am yet to experience any of this behaviour from my baby. In fact she's the complete opposite. She follows me absolutely everywhere I go, always just one step behind me. Sits in between my feet when I use the toilet, sits at the shower door and waits for me to get out of the shower, follows me around my bedroom when I'm getting ready and when she wakes up at 6:30am she will then sit on the floor next to my side of the bed and wait for me to waor up. I usually alternate between my house and my boyfriends house at night and she stays on her own overnight when I'm away, but he is currently staying with me due to renovations and I'm worried that when he goes home and I start leaving her again she will be unhappy. So my question is... Does anybody else have such a needy rabbit? I'm still waiting for her to get all moody and hormonal but at the same time I'm wondering if that will even change anything? She's just seems to like me so much! Probably shouldnt complain and enjoy it while it lasts??

It really depends on the rabbit. The first male I had liked to follow me around and I had to be really careful not to kick him accidentally because he was always JUST behind you and, of course, you never heard him coming. He had to see everything all the time. He liked being petted as long as you didn't touch the tail. The tail was sacred and would warrant growling and biting if you touched it. My female is a lot more aloof, even if she likes to jump on my knees once in a while (but I suspect it's because she wants to steal things from my desk - she's got a thing for crayons...). She hates almost everyone and was always more wary than interested when someone moves. You can pet her if it makes her feel likes she's the boss (she is, has been for almost 7 years, and probably will be until she dies). Tybalt, my current male, will follow you around but only because he hopes you'll have something to eat. Also, he's scared of nothing. You can pet him as long as you don't try to remove his lose fur. The lose fur stays until he looks like a hobo, his wife can't stand it and washes it for him.
So, you know, each rabbit is different. Looks like you lucked out, even if your rabbit could become more aloof in the future. I never noticed any big change in my rabbits personalities, honestly - not after they grew up, neither after the spay / neuter. My female is the bitchiest animal I've ever owned, but she was like that from day one (and she always will be my favorite XD)

Thanks everyone! Sounds like I should just enjoy how much she loves me!

Hi Gnocci. Maybe she needs a husbun. Have you thought about a companion rabbit for her? She sounds like a very social bun.

MA

I love the varied personalities of bunnies :) Some of mine can't seem to get enough cuddles and others cannot stand me. Your girl sounds real cute :)

Back