Needing advice.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just finished bunny exercise time (the four and a half hours it takes to exercise nine rabbits, one in the smaller play area, one in the large play area and one out on the harness with me, for an hour and a half each) and there are sleepy bunnies everywhere. Wilfrid didn't get to go for a proper run but he did play on the lounge with me and we had lots of cuddles....

Then he instantly trashed his nice clean cage, and I found this when I walked back into his room:
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad206/BridgetsFlame/DSCN6720_zps87c34140.jpg

I am so looking forward to when I'm back to just four buns, and it doesn't take all evening to exercise the rabbits LOl. Most fosters are going into their proper foster homes this weekend :)

Wilfrid has warn his booties for 48 hours now and the change in phenomenal...

I'm impressed! I've never been able to keep any kind of wrap on my Flemish Giants when they're needed.

Really glad to hear the little guy is doing so good! :dancingorig:

First 24 hours without bandages has gone well, there are no exposed spots on his feet and everything looks healthy and pink, no red raw rubbed patches. Since he's getting bored silly I upgraded him to my largest hospital cage and he was so overjoyed, racing around and scenting everything. A few more days and he can go in a run and get some proper bunny exercise.

Aw, hooray! Go give Wilfrid a big congratulations from me for hopping down the road to recovery. :weee:

I'm so glad the vetwrap and bandages worked and he's healing well! Re: using vetbed, I whole-heartedly agree that it was the best choice - foam mats have potential, but vetbed is better in pretty much every way!

I hope he continues to do well and finds himself a great forever home :D

Just an update for everyone. Wilfrid has been doing well, though he scared the bejeezers out of the pet sitter by escaping his cage one day. He's a very hyper rabbit however and very destructive. Which would be okay except he's also fallen in love with my Mothers rabbit, she very much doesn't want another one, but one brief play date and they are inseparable.

So we need to separate the two again which should be... interesting.

Now Wilfrid's nearly healed I'm planning to send him to a foster carer who has massive outdoor runs so Wilfrid can use up some of his excessive energy.

Or if in the next week he can prove himself less destructive my Mum may consider adopting him. Her bunny Rupert is obsessively neat which suits her down to he ground as he lives free range. A rabbit that tosses all the litter out of his tray and destroys everything in sight isn't her thing at all. When he first came in I'd hoped he might match my bunnies but the near psychotic ADD running/digging/humping destructive behaviour drives them up the wall.

So glad he is doing well.. what an absolute cutie.. hope it all works out well for him bless ... gorgeous xx

We just finished bunny exercise time (the four and a half hours it takes to exercise nine rabbits, one in the smaller play area, one in the large play area and one out on the harness with me, for an hour and a half each) and there are sleepy bunnies everywhere. Wilfrid didn't get to go for a proper run but he did play on the lounge with me and we had lots of cuddles....

Then he instantly trashed his nice clean cage, and I found this when I walked back into his room:
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad206/BridgetsFlame/DSCN6720_zps87c34140.jpg

I am so looking forward to when I'm back to just four buns, and it doesn't take all evening to exercise the rabbits LOl. Most fosters are going into their proper foster homes this weekend :)

Awww.. Wilfrid looks so cute and comfy.. I understand about the trashed cage. Lady does that mess and it just pisses me off. After she's been out for like 3 hours in the morning she will get mad and toss her water dish to the other side of the cage and get all her dry pellets and dry food wet which kills me to no end having to throw away food! But it looks to me like he is doing well and getting that energy out and he looks so cute...

Vanessa

When I got my baby from am the local pet store she they had no padding or anything for the rabbits to lay on an they also didn't give them the proper nutrition. Needless to say, she was frail and had a bunch of sores and missing patches.

Here's what I did:
I put the antibiotic ointment on her feet then I put baby socks (thick ones) and then wrapped them in bandages.
As for hair growth just make sure you're putting ointment on all the sores. Once the sores are all healed up it's much easier for the hair to grow in. After it's all grown in buy a soft bristle brush and brush him once daily. I bought my bun stuff you put in their food and water (like vitamins) made for coat health specifically. Here is my baby today about 6 months later:ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388294361.825373.jpg
Also I got the brush and vitamins from Petsmart and the socks and ointment from walmart!:)

Wilfrids pretty much fixed up now :) I'm also in Aus, we don't have stores like Petsmart or Walmart, I don't think we even have anything that corresponds to Walmart, that was always an odd store....

A bristle brush wouldn't work either... he's a cashie, his coat takes serious gear (and makes me so thankful we have a dog groomer who donates her services for us, I can barely cope with my own cashie)

LOL lovelops... he trashes everything! it's driving me nuts. Even my most aggressive rabbit didn't try to smash his litter pan to pieces...

Now he's healed though we can start looking for a permanent home (hint, hint anyone in NSW Aus :p)

Latest posts

Back