Need to ask a few questions:)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foreverblue127

Reaction score
Ok here it goes...

My rabbit chews on his hutch..a lot. How can I stop this? He has other things to chew on. (Bun Bun,Adult male not neutered.)

Also, this may be a silly question...but how do you know if your Bun is too fat?? They all look like chubby little furballs to me. :)

I put a carrier in Peanut's area. Now she is in it all the time. Plus she runs into it when I come up to her. She only stays out when I have food. Should I take it out? She obviously really likes it. I have other animals so it probably makes her feel safer. My gut tells me I shouldn't take it out, but man I miss seeing her cute little face!
(5 month old female spayed)

Also a question about neutering Bun Bun. He has the sweetest disposition. He is friendly and sweet. He uses his litter box 99% of the time and does not spray anything. He gets along great with the other animals and I love him to death. I have read that their personality can change after a neuter. Is this true? Because I would hate to see him change in anyway. What should I do?

Sorry for such a long post. Thank you !:big wink:

The chewing other things besides his block or whatnot could be stress or hw just preffer the hutch. Running into a closed area when you come in the room is a rabbit natural fear triggering. My daughters mixe bun does this when I enter the room. As for fat weighing him will help us figure out along with breed and pics. Some breeds are just bigger but if your worried about overweight buns, feed less food.

As for neutering, I had a very sweet unneutered male who was atleast a year old when I got him, whenever you went up to him he would pancake for nose and cheek rubs and just soak it in, the sweetest rabbit, didn't mind being held as long as his back legs felt secured. I got him neutered just a couple days over a month ago and his personality hasn't changed a bit, still completely potty trained w/ the exception that he decided he wanted his litter box in a different corner (easy enough to solve) other than that he is the same ol' Oreo.

foreverblue127 wrote:
Also, this may be a silly question...but how do you know if your Bun is too fat?? They all look like chubby little furballs to me.
Not a silly question at all. My vet said to see if you can feel the bun's ribs. They shouldn't stick out (we don't want starvation), but you should be able to feel them without a layer of fat obscuring the individual ribs.

awwwww, how cute! I love the ears!

It's easier to tell if they are too fat looking from the top. Do they have a bit of a shape or are they just round? My Cindi was very fat when I first got her, very round and she had a hard time grooming herself.

Pointed bunn on the bottom
100_0009.jpg

Now her sides are more streight. There's a way to go, but progress.
100_0838.jpg

She has gone from 7 pounds to 5.5 in a bit over 3 months. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the pictures. It does help. He is not quite as round but he is close. I have no idea what kind of bun he is. He is pretty big. He's about 20 inches long or so laying down.I am not good at judging his weight. I would say at least 6 pounds. It's the pellets that usually fatten them up?

Pellets and alfalfa hay can be fattening, a good timothy or grass hay is much better for them.
Going by the ears I'd say he might have some flemish giant in him I can't remember how old you said he was. Adorable either way.

Yeah he looks to be at least a flemmie mix, if not a full flemish. He is so cute!! We have a flemish girl, and she is so much fun.

Thanks for the replies.He is sooo adorable! I love him to bits. He might be mixed with a flemish. The pet store had no idea what he was. I know that he is full grown. They had him nearly a year at the store.

Latest posts

Back