NEED TEMPORARY HOME FOR MY DARLING MAX

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raspberry82

Reaction score
Hi All!

Sorry I dissapeared for a while, I've been busy with remodeling headaches. I'm going to throw out some emails to local rabbit foster parents/rabbit advocates members around the Portland metro area to try and find a temporary home for my Max, but putting up a posting on here seemed like a good idea also.

Here's the skinny:

As of April 25th my boyfriend and I will be in the throws of remodeling our entire condo in Portland, OR and listing it for sale (about 3 months). While this is happening Max will not be able to live at home and will need another temporary home for a month or more. My mother can care for him for 1 month, but I need to find other rabbit-savvy people willing to home him for the other 2 months.

I will GLADLY pay a reasonable care-taker fee while Max is in your care to make it worth your while. And I will GLADLY drive him 2hrs+ to be delivered. I will supply his food, hay, litter, toys, covered litter box, bowls, carrier, etc. He is used to having free-run in a pen on linoleum, but if a cage with some run time is all you can offer, I would love to hear from you! He is well mannered, very mellow, great litter box habits, does not chew, loves to be snuggled and heald when he is used to you.

I would trust any of you guys more so just because you all understand that, for us, our bunnies literally are like our children. So I know Max would be in safe hands :).

Anyone within Oregon or Washington have temporary room for our little pumpkin???

My Email Address is: [email protected]

Best wishes,
Athena

:angelandbunny:

Here is my Craigslist posting with some more information:

Hello,

Any current bunny owners out there looking for some extra $? Younger responsible bunny owners looking for some extra money?

I am seeking a responsible and knowledgeable person who is willing to provide temporary housing for my 1 fully house-trained fully-litter box trained indoor bunny, Max. He is 4 lbs, neutered and just turned 3 years old. He is well mannered, very friendly, does not chew anything what-so-ever except his chew toys, loves to be heald once he's comfortable with you. He is accustomed to running around in his own pen on linoleum. Max has been to the vet and is in perfect health. ANY CURRENT BUNNY OWNERS OR MEMBERS OF RABBIT ADVOCATES OR A RABBIT FOSTER PARENT is ideal, but if you are interested and know how to care for a bunny, I would LOVE to hear from you. I AM HAPPY TO PAY A REASONABLE CARETAKER FEE WHILE HE'S IN YOUR CARE to make it worth your while. He is our baby and we want him to be with good pet people. I also would like to meet you before he stays with you :).

We are having to list our condo for sale in the next month which means Max cannot be here while it is being remodeled and shown for sale (3 months total).

** We would need him to have an alternate home for at least 1 month between April 25th to July while this happens. If you have a month or even a few weeks where he can live with you, let me know. I can drive him anywhere within reasonable distance of the Portland Metro Area. I will provide his food, hay, litter, toys, etc. **
Thanks for reading my post, please feel free to email me. Below are some pictures of our darling Max.
Regards, Athena

01151101020901160620080417fa9dcbcd6e7fc2cf7500423c.jpg
0101010115080103082008041716add37d2ce7054500005efe.jpg
010103011507010402200804170d62d32330ad7adc43004a8f.jpg

Athena, good luck! My family lives in Washington (a little north of Seattle), and if I lived there too, I would take Max in in a heartbeat. He's such an adorable little guy, I never realized his markings were like that! Good luck with finding him a foster home, hopefully someone will pop up soon! It must be hard for you to have to be away from him for a couple months, but everything will be okay in the end :)

If you don't mind my asking, what ended up happening with poor Jemma and her abcesses? That was such a miserable situation...

If I weren't so far away, I would take him, but I think that would definalty be more than a two hour drive. I hope you can find someone!

Mhm, I am only like one hour away from you i wonder if i can get my mom into letting us take him in while you remodle!

If it comes to a point and can't find nobody else to do it, send me a message and I'll convince my mom to let me take care of him for a few months. Even though I'm many miles away...

:)

Raspberry, like my sister said, we'd probably be able to watch him for however long. We would be able to set him up in a fairly large cage (about 4x4 NIC pen) and he'd get to have run time outside and inside as well. We're only about 1 hour? 1 hour and a half from Portland, and we're in Rochester, WA.

I'd just LOVE to watch your darling little feller!

On our website we do have information about our services, although I took it down, but anyway here's what we -usually- offer for "boarding" services. Of course, we'll just supply the cage for the little cuteheart. We usually ask just $30-$40 for monthly boarding, but I wouldn't ask that much of you. Seriously, just $25 would work fine, enough for like a few bags of feed, etc.

But anyhow, you can pick how much you would be willing to pay anyways, so yeah.

Good Luck!

Emily

Latest posts

Back