need suggestions to reduce some noise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
I have Bentley in my bedroom and it's worked out really well. I have hardwood floors throughout my place with some remanant rugs. Well being on the top floor my neighbor below me called me today to complain about noises coming from my bedroom at 4 am or 6 am in the morning. She says it woke her up the one time and she was up since she leaves at 6:30 a.m. so why bother complaining about that.

I'm really upset she's been very tempermental since I've been here 3yrs. She complained when I moved in with the noise so how do you move without making noise. Well she apologized and we've been getting along fine.

I have a vinyl flooring and some throw rugs but of course that's not enough. I've been thinking about putting a padding and rug under his flooring to reduce the noise and may put a comforter out only at night as another layer.

Something is scaring him at night to thump and he thumps for like 15 mins. This morning I had to get up and go in his pen and pet him to change that frame of mind and he was fine just in time for me to get up. He's waking me up too but there's nothing I can do to stop his thumping. It's not my cat she sleeps with me on the bed so I don't know what it is. Sophie & Flash have thumped in the past but they stop at like 3-4 times, Bentley thumps like 30 times before he stops.

I'd hate to move him into the livingroom there's enough room for his pen but it won't be a livingroom and it would be so cramped. I'm so distrubed over this, there's people with kids screaming all day and night and a lady that leaves at 4 a.m. churping her vehicle that wakes me up so she must wake my neighbor too and she doesn't say anything about that.

I hate living in a co-op this community living is for the birds having lived in a house all my life. I do understand her point but geez she knows I have a new bunny and can't you be alittle bit more tolerant.

I've left her a message explaining what the cause is and I apologized and mentioned how I could remedy the problem. But for now until I get to a carpet store he's going to thump possibly again. I'm really stressed over this since I was told to get rid of my bunnies or charge me an extra $50 a month to keep them when I was here for 6 mos but it's in my contract that I own a cat and 2 bunnies so they couldn't do anything. I could've sued them if they persude this.

Any suggestions to help make the thumping less of a noise I don't know I just didn't need this today.

Thanks everyone.

I would go buy some carpet padding(the 1" foam stuff they use under carpeting). If you put that under the cage flooring then it should absorb the thumping and give some insulation.

Thanks Patti & Valerie. I bought a piece of carpet 3x6 of Berber and I also got the padding. It was pretty cheap $40 and I'm hoping this will help with his thumping at night. I don't care if he wakes me up but as you know I have some neighbors with little tolerance when it comes to pets.

I love that rubber flooring and may get some of that too for either his pen at my parents or if I need another layer, what the heck the more the merrier.

Back