Need some RO Positive Vibes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, been a while since I posted an update here.

Unfortunately, I dont' have a job yet :(

I will find out on Monday or Tuesday if I got a position with Hatch (who is a huge contracting company). I have been in contact with them since early February and I have been quite aggressive about it too. I have showed up at their office to talk with the HR contact and bug him about getting me an interview.

All my effort did get me an interview with their mechanical engineering manager, and then a call back for their group interview with all finalists. The group interview was last Wednesday and I thought it went well.

I sent a thank you letter by e-mail when I got home from the interview, and now there is nothing else I can do. I just have to wait and hope that I am one of the chosen ones.

I'm not sure exactly how many they are going to hire, there was 6 of us (I think, having a hard time remembering the exact number). I remember the HR contact telling me close to the very beginning that they where planning on hiring 15-18 new grads and they are hiring in civil, mechanical and electrical. So possibly 5-6 per department, not sure how they are going to split that number between departments or if that number has changed since February.

So, I need one more round of good vibes from RO! Help me to be one of the chosen ones. I want this job so bad, it's the best one that I have interviewed for yet!

Thanks so much everyone!

-Dawn

Okay, so I heard from the HR rep yesterday, and it was basically him telling me they don't know yet. They are still having meetings or something over this decision.

Either that or I'm on the reserve list and they are waiting to see if others take the offer or not and if some turn it down, then invite those on the reserve list. Dunno though, I didn't get the impression they would be the type to do that.

So, needless to say, I am still really anxious and freaking out. I hate waiting so much.

-Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
Woohoo!! Guess who has a job!!!

I start next Monday May 3rd.

Thanks so much for everyones support! I thought I was going to go crazy with all this waiting...

-Dawn

Congratulations!!!!

Denise

I would have to say it's going good!

This is the first time that Ryan and I will both be working full time without having to return to school in a few months.

I'm actually going to be working pretty close to you Sas, I'll be working on West Hastings a bit west of Burrard.

I am going to be starting off in the Project Controls department. So I will get to work with all the engineering departments, helping keep people on schedule and budget for projects.

-Dawn

Latest posts

Back