Need some RO Positive Vibes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurora369

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ryan and I really need some positive vibes. I know how well RO vibes work.

Ryan just had a job interview for a position at the company that laid him off about a year ago. He hasn't been able to find a permanent position since that lay off, just bits and pieces of contract work. The interview process has come down to him and one other person.

Since I finished my classes at the end of July, I haven't been successful at finding a job either. I had one lined up, but then the project that I was supposed to work on had some major problems pop up, which meant the company could no longer hire me. I haven't been able to get ahold of the manager for the company I worked for last year, and I'm hoping that when I do, that company will be able to take me back. If I don't get a job with them, I'm going to try and get some temp office work through a temp agency to pay the bills while I look for a proper engineering job.

So, Ryan and I need some positive job finding vibes. We are in a horrible financial spot right now. Credit cards close to maxed, bank accounts barely above zero. We really need to get some proper income coming in.

Please send us some positive vibes!

Thanks

--Dawn

Oh I know it might seem bleak now but it will turn around for you soon. You cant apprechiate the good times unless u have a few bumps in the road. Good ppl like u guys will always come out on top :) GOOD LUCK!!! u 2 r in my thoughts and prayers tho :)

Thanks guys!!

I know good times are just around the corner. It's just bleak right now. I'm doing my very best to stay positive, but it's so hard.

I think your vibes are starting to work already. I just spoke with the manager from the company I worked at last summer, and it might go somewhere. They just finished reviewing their last financial year and are at a point where they are going to decide if they are going to hire or not. They have three women away on maternity leave, two from the engineering department. He said that they might do a contract position or two for 6-9 months.

So, I'm still looking but at least I have some kind of lead.

Ryan has heard back yet, but he should with in the next 24 hours or so.

--Dawn

:hug:Sending hugs for good luck and best wishes....

:pray:Sending prayers for healing and happiness...

:bunny18Sending a little celebration for when the good times start to roll....

myheart

Ryan hasn't heard anything back yet. They where checking references on Friday, so maybe they haven't been able to get a hold of all of them? I'm still hoping and praying that they choose him.

I've got a list of job postings that I'm going to submit my resume to. Most of them are closing on Oct 30th. So I'm going to borrow my room mates work books from the resume building workshops she's been going to.

As for moving, we went to the townhome on Saturday and cleaned all the carpets. Made a huge difference and we're really pleased with how they came out. Maybe one or two more rounds of sorting/decluttering to do before we move in.

We're going to pack as many boxes as we can fit in the car today, and take them out this evening. Hopefully most of the boxes can be moved ahead of time, and then we only have to worry about the furniture on moving day (Oct 31).

--Dawn

So, Ryan hasn't heard back from the company he used to work for. However, he had gone for an interview with another company and he just got called back for a second more technical interview. This would be a very good position for him, as it is working on web-based technology in PHP, one of his favourite languages.

I have just finished re-working my entire resume. I started from scratch and re-made the whole thing. I think it is much more scannable now, as my old one was very cramped. It is three pages long now, but the third page is mainly volunteer work, relevant but not as important as my education and work experience. Besides, in a technical field like engineering many times people have very, very (like over 10 pages) long resumes.

So, I put in one application yesterday, and I'm hoping to get a couple more in today. Writing cover letters take so long!

Thanks for everyone's continued support. It really helps keep my moral up!

--Dawn

U go girl!!! I am so proud of your diligence...u r a true go getter and u will have something fall in your lap very soon, I just looked into my crystal ball...lol

Go for it! I've been working on the job hunt for a month now and just now got a call(A couple of hours ago) for an interview. I'll hope your wait isn't as long as mine, but crossing state lines(Was in NY, now in KY) to verify work history isn't the easiest thing, along with all my NY references.

So, making some progress! You guys have been working hard sending out those vibes!

Ryan got a job offer from a company called Metroleaf, they have a big website for downloading song lyrics. He goes in to sign the papers on Monday and then we get to go bowling with them in the evening, pretty excited.

Also, in the last two days, I have had three companies contact me for interviews!

One company is a manufacturer of aerospace equipment which is pretty cool. I also had a phone screening for Pepsi Bottling Co., and another interview for a company for a sales engineering position.

My first choice is the Aerospace company. I think it would be really neat.

So, now I just have to make it through the interviews! And put out some more applications just in case too...

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back