Need some advice!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojomoo

Reaction score
A couple months ago i got my first bunny and i really wanna get her litter trained. At first i set up a litter box with bedding and put some hay in it (i read they like to poop when they eat hay) i thought that might work. It was working for about a week, or so i thought. Any advice on how to litter train my little buns?

Welcome to the forum!:wave:

Have you read the library thread on this? I'll get it for you in case you haven't.

How old are the buns, how many, males/females? Getting them neutered/spayed will help when they are of age. Here's a link to our Library that might help in the mean time:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12084&forum_id=17

See ofany of that helps, if not, let us know.;)

When litter training, make sure there are no soft blankets or absorbent material on the floor in the cage.

If she pees on the floor, wipe it up with some paper towel or tissue, and place that in the litter box. Then, clean the area with 50/50 vinegar/water.

The cage will need to be kept very clean. Wiped down with vinegar/water a couple times a day to keep the non-potty area smelling clean for the bunny and the potty area smelling like a potty.

Keep it up, and she should get the idea. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks of constant clean up, but she will catch on eventually. She may never keep all her poops in the litter box (especially when not spayed) but she should get most of them and all the pee in the litter box.

I just use a hand broom to sweep up stray poops, very quick and easy.

-Dawn

Latest posts

Back