Need Name Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seras

Reaction score
This weekend I am getting my 4th rabbit which will be a English lop. I know her color will either be cream,broken cream,opal,broken opal. I hope to later bond her with my male Flemish Giant Zues. I cannot name her Hera. If read my blog i had a rabbit named Hera who died due to a heart condition a couple days after i got her. After her i decided if i ever get another 4th rabbit cause thats the amount i have the time/money/space for it would be one i wanted for a long time the elop. I found one and i was told she is around 8 weekish(meaning maybe older but not much).

These are a couple names i am thinking:

Isis

lol actually thats all i got right now i need help lol...

I remeber a movie called "Watership Down" and the rabbit kinda god in the beginin was called "Frith" I like it but it may be to male.

Seras wrote:
I remeber a movie called "Watership Down" and the rabbit kinda god in the beginin was called "Frith" I like it but it may be to male.
Most of the does in Watership Down had long Lapine names like Hyzenthlay or Thethuthinnang, which I always found unpronounceable. Frith was the sun god, and yes, he was a male.

If you want to keep to the mythological theme, how about Helena or Minerva?

Those are cool names but i dont know if i want to stick to myth theme names.

I like Cleo :) She was a strong independant queen
Maybe you should wait to know her personality a bit better?

I am going to wait but i want to get some names to try out when she arrives.

Do you have a picture?
I like to see what the rabbit looks like or acts like before picking a name

It's probably kidna bad, but for the most part I name all my pets after alcohol, even though I don't drink! I've had:
Bearded dragons - Bacardi & Tequila Rose
Fish - Pina (for Pinacoloda), and Daquari
Hermit crabs - Merlot, Corona, Baily and Kaluah
My mini lop was names Cosmo (rip)

My newest bunny addition is Wallice, not boozy at all, but he seemed kidna dorky and needed a dorky name.

Some girls names I like are Bella, Roxy, and Athena (though you said you wanted to steer away from the whole myth thing).
Good luck, and I agree though that a name will come to you when you get to know her.

What about Elena? LOL said like E-laine -A
Or Savannhna, its nice and regal or cleo like some one said

Yea i am going to wait to name her till i get to know her but id like to have some names to test out with her. I like savannah maybe if she is the cream or broken cream. I should have her either Saturday or Monday.

Those names are cool. I got to write down a list so i have it handy when i meet her.

I go to Babynames.com and check out names from different languages/times. I always think it's neat to have a name with a special underlying meaning.

Michiko is Japanese for "beauty, wisdom". :)

Names that mightsound goodwith Zeus (some are mythological names, some are Shakespearean names, some are royal names, and some are all three!):

Alexandra

Augusta

Aphrodite

Astra

Aurora

Bianca

Calliope

Cassandra

Cressida

Daphne

Deirdre

Eleanor

Electra

Helena

Juno

Maia

Miranda

Ophelia

Perdita

Philippa

Portia

Rhea

Rhiannon

Rosalinde

Sophia

Zara

Zenith

Zephyr

Zillah

Zina

Zoe

Zora

Hope that helps!

Rue

You could always choose one of Zeus' other consorts as her name. He wasn't exactly faithful to Hera, so there are plenty to choose from. ;)

Dione, Demeter, Gaia, and Selene were some his Goddess consorts and Callisto, Leda, and Thalia were some of his mortal consorts.

Juno was Hera's Roman name, which would be cute.

Back