Need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need to go into more detail about the problem you are having before we will be able to suggest some solutions.

Just about all rabbits love to chew cords. If you want to have your bunny run around, the area needs to be bunny -proofed. Part of bunny proofing includes blocking off access to cords or covering them with something protective.

Here are some ideas...

protecting cords collage.jpg

Thank you just dont want him to get hurt. He has lots of toys and is out most of the day. I did read about a certain kind of chew sticks that should help. Bunnys moma.

Chew toys likely aren't going to stop a bunny from chewing on cords. It would just be something to chew in addition, rather than instead.
Bunny proofing is an absolute must to protect bunny and to protect your belongings if you want him to roam in the house.

Anything dangerous (like cords) or places where he could get trapped (like behind a refrigerator or dryer) should be blocked off. Get down on his level and look around for potential problem areas and block or cover those areas. Don't ever assume that if he has something else to play with that he will ignore problem areas.

No toy can prevent your rabbit from chewing on cords. You have to keep them from him by buying some kind of hard (the hardest you can find, he will chew through the soft ones) plastic tubes in which you can put electrical cords. You can find them in any hardware stores. It's a bit long to put on the cords, but a real life-saver and it's really cheap. I did that on my computer cords and everything else mine could get to in my room and it saved me a lot of grief.

Thanks for the info will take a trip to the hardware. I love this little boy dont want anything to happen.

Latest posts

Back