Need help with sherman

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
IMMEDIATE INFORMATION:

Location Michigan

Description (Breed, color, weight) Dutch, over 5lbs

Age around 5

Sex M

Concise Summary of the Rabbit's Condition: Sleeping a lot, won't eat on his own and is straining to pee. I noticed tonight that he is swollen where he pees.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / CHECK LIST: (Please fill in relevant info).

Fecal and Urinary Output

- are the bunny's poops and pees normal? no
- when did they last use their litterbox? not sure
- any unusual behavior? straining to pee? unusual litter habits? straining
- what litter and/or bedding do you use? newspaper

Medical History

- spayed/neutered? no
- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before? plan to take him later today
- is s/he on any medications? no

Diet

- what specifically does your bunny eat? Pellets, hay & veggies
- when and what did s/he eat last? pumpkin by syringe
- any changes in the way s/he eats? (ie: not eating a particular food, odd chewing motions, etc) won't eat on own

Other

- movement - any unusual movements? Is s/he hopping normally? no
- is the rabbit molting? no
- any weight loss? no
- any sign of drooling? wet face? no
- runny eyes? no
- wet nose? coughing? sneezing? no
- is s/he breathing normally yes

Additional

- any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach? Get a hold of a piece of a candy cane somehow. Was able to get most of it out of his mouth, this was few days ago.
- has the rabbit been outdoors? no
- any other pets? if so, have they been ill? Yes, but no illness and they are caged away from him

Hope someone can help

when you say "swollen where he pees", I take it that means the area is red/inflamed? if so, sounds like urine burn...

http://voices.yahoo.com/effective-treatment-urine-burn-rabbits-5381707.html?cat=53

bladder stone, bladder sludge, or a urinary tract infection are likely causes of urine burn - the article has tips on how to clean/soothe the area to make him less uncomfortable until you can get him to the vet for a proper diagnosis :)

Imbrium wrote:
when you say "swollen where he pees", I take it that means the area is red/inflamed? if so, sounds like urine burn...

http://voices.yahoo.com/effective-treatment-urine-burn-rabbits-5381707.html?cat=53

bladder stone, bladder sludge, or a urinary tract infection are likely causes of urine burn - the article has tips on how to clean/soothe the area to make him less uncomfortable until you can get him to the vet for a proper diagnosis :)
I mean by pinker and it's puffy. He's not soaked with urine at all though. Thanks for the article I really appreciate it.

hmm... wish I could help :( I don't know all that much about sick rabbits, though... I mostly just know which symptoms mean "vet ASAP".

Latest posts

Back