Need help with potential problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! What a brat! I guess they get grumpy during pregnancies too tho!

Has she started thumping at you yet? LOL!

I've had does go off their feed for as much as 48 hours before they deliver.

Especially if they have a large litter. It's like there is no more room for anything

else in them. The doe that just had 9 didn't go off of her feed though. When I

went to feed at 5:30 AM she ate half of her breakfast jumped in her nestbox

and pulled fur like crazy and had her kits. By the time I was finishing watering

everyone a half hour later she was back at the feeder LOL. Not much keeps

her from her groceries!

Roger

I generally don't have does go off their feed before kindling, but I do occasionally have it happen. I try to get the does to eat a little grated carrot or Nutri Cal if they go off their feed prior to delivery. I don't like to see them missing more then 1 feeding or I get concerned.

Pam

Well - she's back on her food and she made sure to leave a pile of poops where I would find it....

So we go back to watching and waiting...

Peg

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Pam,

In humans!? OMG, that's very strange. Do you think you can maybe dig up some links on that? Thanks

Emily
I "know" it happened to a lady on a soap opera my Mom watches. :rofl:

I'm gonna be a nervous wreck - Saphira is carrying hay around in her mouth and starting to nest. She isn't due quite yet - I've never had a doe give birth before day 31 that I can remember.....

I sure hope we have some bunnies soon.....I have tried to not mess with her too much...

She was bred on Monday, January 14th and will be 28 days on Sunday....

Peg

I'm about to move Saphira out to the "mama cages" - she is due this week. I meant to move her last week but my life sorta just went out of control when Tiny passed away and I didn't get the mama cages cleaned out.

I'm certainly going to miss her - I've had her by my desk so she could get more used to me and stuff. I can actually see her babies kicking now and I'm dying to find out how many she's gonna have.....

See my girl?

And yes...she is a cheeky little thing..

Peg

That bunny is so freaking adorable I died a little bit. I love lionheads (I hope she is one and I'm not making that up!! hahaha). Those little manes are soo adorable.

Peg, do you breed lionlops? Or are they just pet animals? They're adorable too. I'm not adopting any more buns for at least a year, but when I do, lionheads and lops are on my list. Course, who knows who will need to be adopted and who I'll fall in love with, but they are what I'm thinking about, :)

I have bred lionlops before and I may be doing so again with Milina - I just can't make up my mind whether or not to breed her again. I've talked to others about breeding her too and she is still young enough to be bred (she's had two litters already).....its just a matter of doing it.

Peg

Just have to share that Saphira is NESTING....woo hoo. So good to see her carrying around hay in her mouth...

Peg

Remember... do what I did...

Show her the calender... tell her.. "birthday or stew pot.. your choice"...

Worked for me...

And NO people.. I don't eat rabbit's... I was just sick with worry over my does and I was trying to inspire them into giving me some babies..

Put yer pitchforks and peasant suits away...

She chose birthday. Good choice.

She had four babies early this morning (before 6 am). I've been debating on whether or not to share because they were so small and I wasn't sure if one or two were peanuts or not.

She also pulled fur and acted like she was going to make a second nest. Since she was huge after she got pregnant - I was wondering if she was going to have babies from both horns.

I was going to rush her to the vet but talked to some breeders and decided to just keep an eye on her since she is not in any distress and does not seem to be panting or anything like that. She's just staring at me every once in a while. She has been eating hay and drinking water.

Her privates aren't swollen anymore and she looks good there and it looks like her milk came in because it looks like the babies were nursed and they look like they've grown a bit since this morning.

Now my second doe is nesting and I'm going crazy...

Peg

Latest posts

Back