Need help with litterbox training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blabauve

Reaction score
I just acquired a 1 year old english angora buck. He is not neutered, but will be soon. He did not have any interest in breeding, which is why he's now my pet. He does not seem to be spraying or anything like that. He spent the first year of his life on wire and was able to go to the bathroom wherever he pleased. I would like to litterbox train him if possible. So far I have the box in a corner with hay in it, and he seems to enjoy sitting in it. Every time he pees outside of the box I wipe it up and sit it in the litterbox, and I do the same with his poop. Of course he is still peeing and pooping all over this cage. He doesn't seem to ever go to one corner to go to the bathroom. Will this change? Anything else I should be doing? Thank you!

He will be way cleaner and easier to train after he is neutered. The way that you are handling it is just fine but you probably will not see much results from your attempts until about 1 month post neuter

Latest posts

Back