Need help with flooring base, tiles, rods

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetjenessa

Reaction score
Im 'pretty' handy when it comes to creating things, considering i make sculpted jewelry... but man put me in front of wood i get all confused :?

I started on Pikachu NIC style cage, its 4 cubes long, 3 cubes Tall, 2 cubes wide. Has 2 half levels made of 4 cubes.
so the "frame" of the cage is done.

I still need: (if anyone can help with with suggestions)

* A BASE FLOOR! what should i use? plywood? its the safe, in case she decides to chew? I need a strong wood, since i may put the cage on wheels, in case i need to stand inside for cleaning.

* FLOOR COVERING: should i get vinyl, Garage flooring, or linoleum floors? ( for the bottom level) something i could wipe up, safe for her & her feet.

* Rods to make levels sturdy: closet rods? metal rods? i prefer a square shape rod, what are thoes called?

As far as the levels i guess im putting carpet, so when she jumps she wont "slip" what kind of carpet? flat, fluffy,?

Thank you in advance for helping.

Pikachu like to dig up any blankets :( i wake up to the cage looking like a tornado came through :X

She never digs up our house carpets, so i was planning to put carpet, would that be an ok idea? and tiles on bottom floor?
I don't want to put tiles on the shelf's in case she jumps from one to the other, don't want her to slip&slide

I hold my flees down with binder clips. That way they can not rearange it. I would use carpet but I have a bunny that LOVES to eat it :X:shock:

you can use carpet, the only issue would be her litter box habits. My buns habits in that department SUCK. I used plywood 1/4" covered with vinyl sticky tiles and rugs for traction.

Latest posts

Back