Need help with an inside area for bunny and future friend

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutella

Reaction score
My rabbit, Peanut, is currently in an outside hutch. It's decent with two stories and two rooms with the whole bottom floor open. However, I feel disconnected from her and I want to bring her inside to my room. The issue being is that we JUST got the new house and my father is not too keen on having the rabbit inside. I need a good pen/large cage to bring her inside to and have enough room for another rabbit for after she gets fixed. If anyone has any tips or can help in anyway, please let me know!

they have plenty to offer out there, just have to see the measurements you are willing to live w/

I have a 48 by 24 by 16.5-Inch cage for two dwarf(s) and can do anything that they what in it ( plus their daily exercise )=0)

If you want to keep them off the carpet you can try some sort of flooring that you can put down- my brothers rabbits live in a carpeted room and he put down vinyl sheet underneath their fleece to prevent any spills/mess from going on the carpet.

I suggest getting a cage like lokin4areason suggested. And then have a x pen with some sort of flooring underneath it to stop Pen and poop going everywhere. 😊 good luck to you and your buns

Depending on how handy you/some you know are with making things there is always the diy option. There are plenty of diy inspirations on the internet.

My boyfriend's planning on making me one since I'm hopelessly picky about the amount of room a hutch should have lol he's probably going to model something close to the two storey townhouse seen on this website :) http://www.therabbitpatch.com.au/bunny_cages/

Housing a rabbit indoors isn't just about the cage (though that is important too!). It is also about knowing how to prevent smell. Unless bunny is particularly destructive, the main complaint from a parent about housing rabbits indoors is the concern about odor. And that's often cited as the reason a parent insists that bunny goes back outside.

Rabbits can be kept indoors without odor -- it's just a matter of knowing how. So as you consider housing, I'd suggest learning about keeping your room free of urine odor. I'll link right here to my site since I have a page specifically on this. The rest of my site shows more on housing rabbits indoors. You may decide that your father may benefit from seeing certain pages there as well to put his mind at ease.

Back