Need Help finding affordable VET

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yessiramos

Reaction score
I would like to get my rabbit neutered, unfortunately the vet I go to wants to charge me $370 to have the procedure done on him. I just can't afford the cost. Anyone know where I can get my little bun neutered for less or perhaps a program that will help with the cost?

I live in Rochester, NY.

You can also call your local humane society or shelter and ask if they have any advice. Often they have connections to local vet clinics and rescues and can refer you to one that is more affordable.

wow, $370?? that's insane! I paid around $450 for TWO spay surgeries and neuters are usually a good bit cheaper. I would definitely look around for other options and contact shelters/rescues to see if there are any low-cost rabbit neuters available.

Wow, that's costly! I paid $100 for my rabbit to be spayed. I would call around to as many vets as you can, but make sure they've done the procedure before.

Kim

Thank you all. I plan on calling around. I contemplated leaving him in tact but it looks like he is now starting to spray when I come near him.

aspca was doing a low cost spay/neuter program in some states last month. There are plenty of organizations that will do it cheaper than that and it doesn't make them less qualified. Some places actually charge that much because they don't like doing rabbits and having to mess around with the anesthesia. I'm taking my bun in to be spayed and its 60$ through a group called AHA, it would be much more than that if I did not go through them.

Latest posts

Back