Need help deciding on a new cage for my buns-Resolved

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
I am looking at a dog crate the 42 inch one
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002AT3M4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

This one would have a second shelf built onto it. By me and hubby.

http://www.petwerks.com/prodpage.cfm?prod_code=BA200

This one is built ready and easy. But very expensive.

6262aeac.jpg

This is there cages they have now. I was thinking about taking off the second cage top and zip tying it down to the original to make a double layer cage. Then getting a piece of wood to make a base.

35874950.jpg

Here is a picture of the single cage I would stack the metal part of the cage to make two layers.

The later would be the best idea as far as money it would cost 10 bucks and they would double there room. Cause I can even put the shelf on the top section.

So what do you all think.

Kat

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hubby said no to the second one to expensive. I think we may end up trying the third one.

What do you guys think?

I honestly think that the third idea sounds the most practical. Just because it won't be pricey, doesn't mean it won't be suitable. Give it a go and I am sure your bun will love it. :)

My buns do get tons of hours of out time a day. But the pet giant for two buns is small so if I can double there space it would be great.

14ded099.jpg

9fef85d6.jpg

Here is some picture of what it will look like. I still need to get the wood and zip ties.

Well here is hoping hubby goes for it. I have it sitting on top just so we could see. The bunnies will not have access for at least a week tell I can get everything and make it safe. But as you can see if hubby goes for it it literally doubles there amount of space.

There would be a hole in the piece of wood for them to jump through so it would be like a solid floor with a opening and I would Zip tie the second level to the wood so it is stable and safe for them as Jessi is like 3 1/2 pounds.

Does anyone else have any comments.

Your thinking smart! Thats very a very cheap and easy way to make more space!!!

Good idea :biggrin:

Well hubby said yes. I am so excited with me watching my nieces a lot more soon they will not be out as much. So to be ale to double there room would be great and it is more then enough room.

8ec7413c.jpg

Here is a picture of the almost finish product.

7e953acd.jpg

I still need to get zip ties so they do not have access to it. but that s what it will look like.

2abd6db6.jpg

The finished product.I will get a better picture once the sun goes down some. Sense they are right by a window the sun is up hard to get a picture.

But Jessi has already been up top Storm is the more reserved of the two so it will take him a day or so. But I think they will love the extra space.

49adf1ed.jpg

Here is a good front view of the cage now.

3d9996e2.jpg

Here is another

72fc4d0a.jpg

Storm and Jessi

d45c0c57.jpg

Here is another side view hope everyone enjoys.

Do yall think it is ok?

Aw, the second level looks so cute with their toys hanging off it. Storm will get up there soon enough to see what Jessi is doing. That's a great idea. It's like making your own double condo for very little money. Nice work!

kirbyultra wrote:
Aw, the second level looks so cute with their toys hanging off it. Storm will get up there soon enough to see what Jessi is doing. That's a great idea. It's like making your own double condo for very little money. Nice work!

Luckily I did not have to spend a dime to do it. I found ten zip ties and used cardboard to make sure it going to work for two months before we spent the money on wood and carpet.

I woke up to Jessi and Storm on the top section playing with toys this morning. I think they love it.

Latest posts

Back