Need help calculating Revolution dosages for two buns...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Could someone please teach me how to calculate Revolution dosages for my two rabbits (so that I can figure it out myself each time that I weigh them)? Currently, they weigh 3.56 lbs. and 8.76 lbs.

The Revolution product I have is for cats weighing 5.1-15 lbs. (It comes in a blue-and-white box.) Each tube contains 0.75 mL (45 mg) of Selamectin.

Thank you,

Jenk

5 lb rabbit - 40mg dose
7 lb rabbit - 56mg dose
10 lb rabbit - 80mg dose

Depending on the colour of the tube, the strength (mg per ml) will differ from box to box so its easier for pet owners, so youre not administering 6mls onto a large breed dog.

Colour - mg/tube -- strength - ml/tube
Mauve----- 15 mg -- 60 ------ 0.25ml
Purple---- 30 mg -- 120 ----- 0.25ml
Brown----- 60 mg -- 120 ----- 0.5ml
Red------- 120 mg - 120 ----- 1.0ml
Teal------ 240 mg - 120 ----- 2.0ml
Plum------ 360 mg - 120 ----- 3.0ml

A rabbits normal dose is 18mg/kg (approx 8mg/lb) and can easily be given at a much higher dose if there is a severe issue (vet direction only). This is a nice bunny safe drug.
Rabbit 1 will need 28.8mg
so just dose 30mg to make math easier.
Rabbit 2 will need 72mg
Could easily do 75mg to make math easier.

But you have 3 rabbits listed on the left? All animals in the house need to be dosed if you want the revolution to be worth giving.

Watermelons wrote
But you have 3 rabbits listed on the left? All animals in the house need to be dosed if you want the revolution to be worth giving.
Thank you for the information, Watermelons.

The third pet is our cat, who, of course, receives a full 75 mL tube of Revolution--no calculations required. :biggrin:

BTW, I've just taken a closer gander at your avatar and my head nearly exploded from the cuteness of Lily and Loki.

Jenk

Back