Need help again?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diannemc1957

Reaction score
Ok now what is going on..yesterday I woke up and Panda had not eaten much and she was taking all the hay and tearing up the paper in bottom on box building a nest...she worked like crazing all day not stopping to eat...I kept hearing her last night so got up about 2:30 am and she had pulled up the sheet off the floor of cage and was trying to put it in the box...when I tried to put it back on the floor of cage she grabbed it and for a few minutes we played tug-a-war with it till I just gave up..What is going on??? I don't know if this is a male or female bunny but it looks like to me she is getting ready for something??? Please tell me we are not fixin to have babies????!! Thanks

If your bunny is a girl and she's not yet been altered. Then she probably thinks that she's pregnant. How many bunnies do you have ? If it's only one, so she's just being hormonal. We used to deal with bunny the digger, but after the spaying operation. Kimiko, my bunny, is much much more softer and plays only with her toys :)

Sometimes they only have one and other times there are multiples. Probably should take her to the vet and make sure there are no other problems. Before we had Bon-Bon (Bonnie) neutered she was a very industrious nest builder and would run around with shredded newspaper in her mouth--looked like she had a giant bow tie.

I agree with Nancy Mcclelland that it's better to take her to the vet. Poor little one. I hope the momma is all right. Let us know :) We'll keep you guys in our mind.

Well I checked one Panda this morning and still no more babies.. Mama is acting like her old self...she doesn't seem to be sick are anything.. she is eating and hopping around..Do you thing if she hasn't had anymore since yesterday morning she is through? Now I am not sure if any is in the nest she made...I don't see anything in the hole back haven't checked under the hay... Remember this was the bunny that I found on side of the road with her back leg hurt 4 weeks ago...so kinda scared to bother her too much..Thanks

Hi,

My bunny did the exactly same thing. The second time she got pregnant, she gave birth to one dead bunny. The vet told me that these things happen. It depends on the period that she got pregnant. The first time she gave birth to five health babies but the second time only to a dead one. There is no need to worry.

rabbits can generally have the entire litter in 10 minutes. Shes eating and drinking I wouldn't worry. Just toss out the nest she had made and make sure the area is cleaned back up.

Yes

she isn't going to have any more babies. Just clean the nest because if you leave it there she will smell it and she will search for her baby. She will be fine, don't worry. Unfortunately this happens.

Thank you so much..I hate the baby died.. It looked just like her black and white...she didn't have the baby in the nest she had it outside the box. As soon as I saw it was dead I took it out cleaned it up good..she doesn't seem to be looking for it. I am kinda glad she didn't have anymore...don't know what I would have done with baby bunnies!

You would have found someone to give them to. Don't worry about that. The first time my bunny got pregnant she had FIVE babies. One of them died the first month but for the other four I found a lovely home.

Back