Need Creative Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apebull

Reaction score
We have a 1/2 door between our kitchen and the living/dining room. Twigs has 24/7 access to the living/dining room and zero access to the rest of the house. Well the door is how shall I say it UGLY and I want to do something to make it look better. It used to be a closet door that we cut in 1/2 and then had to add a couple of extra pieces to the end so he can't sneak out.

The end wood pieces are not a thick as the cream part since the are the wood from inside the used closet door. I'm thinking that if I paint it all one color most likely the cream since I have that then put a pattern or cute lil sayings on it then it wouldn't be such an eye sore.

Here's a picture so you have an idea. So what do you think???

Edited to add that it's used all day. It not only separates the living/dining room from the kitchen, but the whole house.

P3060617.jpg

Last edited:
Staining it won't work. The only wood is the end piece. This door swings both ways and since it's used like 100 times a day a baby gate won't work.

But please keep the ideas coming.

Can you get an artsy friend to paint a cool scene on it? Or if you're an artsy person.....
I'm picturing a night scene and a day scene depending on the side.

I would personally just paint it a plain colour. If it's opened many times a day, I don't think you'd want to do anything too light simply because it'll get a lot of dirty finger marks etc on it. Perhaps something like this colour so marks don't show up as easily http://www.btowstore.com/WebRoot/BT...AC10/3D2A/4803/KA008_0020_PALE_0020_BROWN.jpg or even any colour really depending on your preference. I might then paint a simple line rabbit in a darker shade of whatever colour you use.

I do like the swinging door idea though.

What about a wall decal.. Then you can just stick it on, they make them as saying as well I think.. Maybe a fresh coat of paint first and just paint the wooden bit as well

Thanks chorxley I hadn't thought of decals but I think you right they do make different ones. And Azerane you have no idea about the dirt. The other side of the door currently has bike tracks on it from my son using his bike to open it.

Latest posts

Back