Need bordom busters please!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerigirl

Reaction score
Petals has taken to chewing apart her litter box. She has a slinky, and wodden chew ball, several small balls and a stuffy in her cage and she refuses to play with them. She chews on her cardboard box and now her dishes and litter box.
I have started putting her veggies in a toilet paper tube but she will eat the whole tube to. Besides not going through that much tp, I don't want to give her that much cardboard. I try to let her out every day but I'm not always able to. When I do she gets to run for several hours. I feel bad for her because she is in a medium dog crate in my kitchen but I dont have room for a larger cage in my house and I have to keep her and Melody seperate because they hate each other. I did add a shelf to Petals' cage so she has the option to hop up there but its only big enough for her to turn around on and lay down on.
I have no idea what to do now. PLease help!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HYW9B8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I just got this thing for Ellie and she LOVES it. She has mastered the first level already. I split a few raisins into thirds and put the pieces in the cups and I can hear her in the kitchen on her own playing with it. I also put pellets in it.
Its got different difficulty levels. The first one is a disc they have to move around to get to the cups of treats. The second level is little toppers that go on top of the cups, they have to knock the toppers over to get the treats. The third level is you attach the toppers to a center thing so the toppers slid around instead of sticking into the cups, they have to slide the toppers around to get the treats in the cups. (I hope that makes sense!)

I paid like $17 with shipping and stuff, a little pricey, but so worth it! They might have it at petsmart or petco or somewhere like that. Ellie loves her though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way she can get more time out? Maybe you can get a playpen that you can attach to her crate so she can be out while you're away? As for activities for her, try stuffing a tissue box or other cardboard box with hay and maybe a treat or two.

I wish I could give her more space. My kitchen is little and anything big enough that she wont jumo wont fit. Ive tried blocking off the kitchen to let her roam free but she chews on everything! My baesboards. The cabinets, cat food. Everything! Morgan I will definitely look into getting one of those. I bet she would love it

I had the same problem with my rabbit until I moved into a bigger house. I got some bird toys that clip onto the cage and have bells on them and she loved to play with them for hours. she is ringing the bell literally right now lol. you could try soaking some wood chews in apple juice and then ,maybe your bunny would like to chew them more. this sounds weird but you could even try playing music when you are away because it might make her feel less lonely. she could be chewing because she is anxious so this may help. you could try rotating different toys in her cage so she doesn't get bored of the same ones...rabbits are a lot like little kids so she might just have a small attention span. if all else fails, you could try getting a metal litter box so that it cant get chewed up

Back