Need answers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
Hi i have a friend who got a rabbity from me about 3 months ago. he was only ayear and a couple of months old, this morning when she went to feed him he was dead.

He had been eating, pooing, playing and has no obvious lumps or anything.

Does anyone have any ideas, Necropsy's aren't really done here and i have never had a rabbit just die.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section please move it if you need to.

Not sure if I can help you but my beloved Lila was wonderfully well, eating, playing and doing her normal stuff until one morning I woke up and she lay dead behind the couch (a fav haunt of hers). This was a few months ago.
I am really still wondering what happened to her.

Vets were unable to offer much help but a suggestion was made that she had died of a 24hr rabbit virus??
There will probably be people around here on RO who could make more intelligent guesses.
Sorry for the loss

We can only venture guesses. As Lemonaxis mentioned, a viral infection could have been the cause.

Heart failure and stroke are also possibilities.

Could have been injury related (such as panicking in the cage, slamming into the side and breaking its neck).

Pam

Thanks guys for replying,i feel so bad for her, she only got him a few months ago. She was devastsed. I did try to tell her there was probably nothing she could do, i was a bit heartbroken too as he was one of my rabbits, he was only neutered about a month ago and got through that fine.

Its the first time i have had that happen every one of mine has been sick first

Latest posts

Back