need answers asap. moved house not pooping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
Apologies for short text. On phone as only internet. I moved benji into my new flat today and he was a bit nervous on the hour car journey. He seems fine, alert happy licking me and ate a bowl of pellets and veggies and drank water. But he hasn't pooed the whole day. He has weed twice but no pooping. I'm worried. Could this b the stress of moving? I expected so many poops because of new environment. Is this a vet emergency? It has been since 9am and now its 6pm. His litter tray was full this morn when I cleaned it.

:-( any help. I know I haven't been around for a while but I'm desperate for advice and I shall b back once I get internet.

Jen

personally I wouldn't worry quite yet, if everything else seems normal and hes eating and drinking and playing as normal. It might just be the stress. If hes acting like hes in pain or slows on the eating or hasn't pooped by bedtime, I would probably vet him in the morning (unless he poops normally overnight).
Do you have any hairball remedy hanging around? Give him some to lick up to get things moving inside him.
My old bunny would go an entire day, from 8am-2ish when I took him for the students to practice on, and wouldnt poop all day, but would munch on the hay I brought for him.

Sounds like a stress thing. He could also be constipated. How old is he? When Sweetie had constipation, I gave her an apple and the apple has helped her poop. She went all day without pooping and I was worried.

But yeah apple will help him poop! Hope this helps!

Thanks you guys. It's been poop city for about 10minutes now so big phew!! Not in his litter tray but oh well I'm just thrilled he's pooping.
Jen

Back