need advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entracare balances the guts and keeps them healthy there should be more info about it on the natural feed website http://www.naturalfeeds.co.uk ,

I have just got some i know you can use it on kits that are weaning, and i thought of it for you as maybe your bun was weaned a bit early so it might help balance

Edit to add i just checked and it does help:)

i obviously cant get hold of any entracare tonight but i do have some pro c probiotic powder...would this be okay to put in the baby food..or will it not help:?

my baby died:( he came out of his cage this morning,cuddled into my husbands arms and just gave up:(.he put up a good fight for a week but i guess he was just too weak. we are devastated:(:(:(...our poor little chance:(....:(:(:(:(:(:(

OMG, I cannot believe this has happened!:shock:

I'm so sorry, I really thought he was going to make it. :(

Binky free baby Chance :rainbow:

I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Your bunny was a little fighter, and you did everything you could for him. I'm really sorry it ended this way.

Hang in there and take care of yourself.

RIP Chance

Weaning a bunny away from it's mum is a really hard time, and many bunnies are lost this way.

It sounds like whoever bred your bunny weaned it too early from mum. Ideally it should be done at about 8 weeks, but some peopledo it earlier for various reasons (some very valid, some less valid).

It is possible for bunnies to come through this, however it takes a lot of battling to get there. You battled your hardest and did your utmost for him. I don't think you prolonged his pain, you gave him a chance at life. You did more than many other people would have done.

It does'nt sound like you did anything wrong to me. You did everything possible in my opinion.

It's natural to blame yourself, I still blame myself over loosing Milly. Hopefully it passes with time.:?

:( cant stop blaming myself....we thought we'd turned a corner when we saw droppings for the first time in 5 days...i knew we werent out of the woods but he was eating and drinking.
cant stop thinking about his dear little face and the way he would lick my face and rub his head in my hand...never knew bunnies could be so affectionate.
we have other rabbits and we love them to bits,they are spoilt rotten...just scared now to get too close to them in case i have to go through this again...guess im not thinking logically at the moment....miss my chance soooooooooomuch:(

It's very early days for you, and it's very natural to blame yourself. Not because you did anything wrong at all, but because guilt and blame are parts of the grieving process.

You need to try and take each moment at a time. Try drawing some comfort from your other buns. It can't replace Chance, but it can help you feel comfort to be near another friend. Having said that, I understand why it can be scary to love someone else and risk losing them. Love is always a risk, but hopefully with time it will seem like less of a risk as you start to heal from your grief.

Chance had a really good life with you, he was deeply loved and you did everything you can for him. Nothing will ever bring him back, but he will always stay with you in your memories and heart.

Hang in there.

Hey we all go through it amd it does get easier with time, i lost my heart bunny in december and it took me ages to recover, sometimes i still get a bit upset (he is my avatar just now) but then all my other buns need me too and i love them.

Elissian has just been through a similar thing maybe you shopuld have a chat

polly wrote:
Elissian has just been through a similar thing maybe you shopuld have a chat

I sure have, and I still am really. :(

I explained in my PM that it's ok to feel the guilt, god I'm still feeling guilty nearly 4 weeks later.

I did find (still do) that writing how I'm feeling down in Milly's R/B thread helps a lot even if I am repeating myself most of the time. You may find it helps you too.

Latest posts

Back