**~ NEED A DUTCH STUD ~**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
So I have this hot little steel doe. And I bought her to get started in steels. She's got awesome type and markings, a bit of a snipey head, and beautiful ticking on her sides.When I buoght her at Nationals she was 3 months old, and had a dark stripe down her back. I asked the breeder if that would grow out, he said possibly, but it might not. I figured she was still a good place to start, so I bought her. Now she's almost a year old, I've been meaning to breed her but I could never find a nice steel buck (or any steels for that matter) to breed her to. Her black dorsal stripe never grew out. So since her stripe never went away I considered breeding her to a grey. I don't have any greys, nor do I want any. I think they are insanely ugly and I dont' want them taking up space in my rabbitry.

So what i 'm asking is....anyone have a grey Dutch buck they want to stud out to my hot little doe?

I don't recommend lending studs due to the risk of vent disease, however, with all the great Dutch in PA, you should be able to find a nice man to go with your hot little lady :)

Pam

I wasn't really worried about vent disease...there are lots of great and reputable dutch breeders in the tri-state area that I would trust. And I would examine any buny worthy of my doe for signs of ANY illnes. Though thanks, that is something to consider.

I jsut really dont' want a grey on my property...I would cry. OMG grey dutches *sob/puke*

I don't like torts either.

I've seen too many of those great reputable breeders put rabbits with VD on the table -- sometimes due to the fact that someone took liberties with someones buck without permission.

We had paid $250 for a very nice Holland buck that someone was bringing up from a convention for us. Show no signs of vent disease when he made it to our house, but he soon showed symptoms as well as every doe bred to him did. Apparently, someone had helped themselves to the buck at the convention :X

Pam

Um. yuck.

Stand by for Spanish translation...

El-yucko!

I'm getting padlocks for my carriers next year.

But I figure if I buy a stud or pay a stud fee, the chances of bunny STDS are just the same. But if I just stud him, then I don't have to keep one more sick bunny at my house or treat one more sick bunny inthe event that he has something.

omg what a hot steel. She's so sexy. She really needs a boyfriend. I see her eyein' up my blue next door to her and she's like '' I wanna piece of dat'' and i'm like '' I don't think I shuold breed you to a blue'' and she's all like '' I don't care what color he is, he has a nice bod.''

:?... bunnies can get bunny stds!??! :shock:
what is vent disease? it sounds horrible

Vent disease is a bunny STD. Makes for a nasty pee pee and vagina. All gunky and chapped and icky! I think vets usually treat it with a penicillon(sp? I gave up) injection.
At least theres hope for ones that have it.

wow you learn something new everyday...!!!!!
goodluck finding a stud, dutch babies (and adults) are so beautiful, always look like they are decked out in their finest atire!

Back