Nearly got my first lick.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj82

Reaction score
Well after two hours in the garden my lion lop fluffy bun was rather muddy. Anyway I have had him a week now so I thought this would be an ideal time to comb him and spend some bonding time together. Well he was perfectly good letting me comb him. Then after I lay on the bed with him and stroked him for ages, he started doing tooth chattering thing and then I think he may have wanted to lick me as his tongue kept popping out! So cute! Until my dog barked and disturbed him. Does this sound promising? Here are some pics of my bun

1390323076917.jpg

1390323090966.jpg

1390323104487.jpg

Thanks! How long does it take to get to that stage? I know it may vary but I am excited!

Very cute pics and hopefully soon. But I have to warn you. I have become the "grooming slave" for Twigs and not worthy of licks back. Every once in a while I'll get a stray lick here or there, but my job is to groom not be groomed LOL. My daughter on the other hand will be licked to death on a daily bases if allowed.

Thanks, my hubby is a photographer so I'm quite lucky! He (bunny, not hubby) is still lay on the bed with me purring! Its like a big step towards bonding so I am happy!

Wow he really must like you! If his teeth were chattering, he was tooth purring and that means he was very content with what you were doing. The next time he does the tongue thing, put your hand under his chin and see if he licks you. It's worth a try but just know that if he doesn't want to lick you, you may have just insulted him lol.

I got my first licks when I first met Felix; I was holding him and petting him, and chatting to the breeder. After a while he started licking me furiously and I was so happy!

He's yet to lick me in the time he's been home, though... :p

I am going to spend all evening with him and I am going to get a lick! He is chilling on my pillow as we speak!

1390330256691.jpg

Gorgeous photos. Two of mine lick me but Bandy has yet to bestow that honour on me but I live in hope so just be patient.

What a gorgeous, fluffy bunny you have! It sounds like he is getting very cozy with you, so just keep doing what you are doing. :)

Aww he is a beautiful bun. I got my first licks on my nose after my bun was biting the bars on his cage and I put my face by the bars!

Latest posts

Back