Naughty Clan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helen, I hope your leg is healed and that you're ok. I absolutely LOVE Halloween Baci!! He makes me smile every time I look at his pics! you take such good pics of your bunnies, and the costumes are fabulous! Thanks for posting!

Thanks Sophie for reading about my buns and yes Kirby's Helen, I am finally updating the blog!

Finally on vacation from work, I always wait till the end of the year to take it. Unfortunately I do have to work on New Year's Day. As much as I like my job (most of the time) and the people I see, my pet peeve is when they say~ Why are you working on this holiday? I'm so tempted to say Why are you here then? However, yes I'm grateful b/c of them, I am employed. I also had my hours changed so now I don't have to get up at 1:30am and be in bed by 7:30pm. I actually get to spend more time with the buns in the morning. What a great way to start the day!

No Vivian, my leg has not healed.:( Just got back from the doctor yesterday and it is now infected!! Since the ER doctor used the dermabond adhesive he didn't clean up the glue before it dried, so the skin underneath couldn't breathe for over a month. And the dermabond adhesive was used so I wouldn't incur any scar, wrong~ now I have one the size of a silver dollar. I thought about filing a complaint against the hospital but if I ever need emergency care again, the next hospital is 30 minutes away. Good thing I'm not one to worry about scars. Now I've got a bunny scar and axe scar to boast about!

Enough about me, this is about the Naughty Clan~ every bun is great! Sebastian is now addicted to dandelion, Baci still wants his curly parsley and baby romaine and the girls~ not a fan of any greens. Hubby was at the market getting greens the other night. The cashier made a comment that he eats very healthy with his variety. He told her it was for the kids. She was shocked until he told her our kids are furry with long ears!:biggrin2:

However I finally found hay that they will eat. Organic Hay Co. was at the Rabbit convention and gave away sample bags. Baci now has his alfafa blend with meadow grass andSebastian andthe girls has a 2nd cut timothy blend with meadow grass. We purchased a 50lb Oxbow hay and they refused to eat it. So now Yeti will inherit it. After this bunch is depleted, I think I will try Kleenemama's next.

We had a Xmas photo op with the buns that I will post soon. Here's some other to enjoy for now.

Toasty bun!

2010-12-05_23-03-37_751.jpg

Ok~ I'm up and outta here!

DSCN0785.jpg

Fashionable bun

2010-12-22_08-08-27_900.jpg

Wheeee.....I'm getting dizzzeeeee!!!

DSCN0711.jpg

Ok where's that treat bag they keep on the coffee table???

DSCN0726.jpg

Ragamuffin Cappy!

DSCN0570.jpg

Choo choo... the Bunny Express

DSCN0901-1.jpg

kaos-xmas-smiley-5642.gif

[align=center]Merry Christmas from the Naughty Clan![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=left]
DSCN0927.jpg
[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]
DSCN0935.jpg
[/align]
[align=left]
DSCN0946.jpg
[/align]
[align=left]
2010-12-05_23-03-37_751.jpg
[/align]

We wish you a Bunny Christmas
and a Hoppy New Year !

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year !

Vircia :)

Helen, I'm so sorry to hear about your medical issue! I hope your leg heal soon and that the scar disappears. There may be something (some medicine cream or oinmentt?) you can use to get rid of it. And / or control the infection.. If dermabond is what I think it is (stuff like a rubbery patch? It was called "DuoDerm" here), I once used it (burned my leg in a motorcycle I rode for the 1st time, taking my bf to the Dr.!) and now I can't even find where the burned spot was anymore. It worked really well. Before applying the patch it was ugly, so they cleaned the area really well, scratched and hurt a bit but it worked. I changed the patch every week or 4 days (I didn't want to keep it for too long without changing it). If you get your skin cleaned thoroughly and re-apply it, it might work! I'll be praying for you, please be ok!!!!

But I wanna say that you should definitely be a professional bunny photographer! Your pics are simply amazing, and artistic! And the bunnies seem to behave so well for you, it's impressive! I love them all, the funny shots, the bunny cottage, halloween, and now Christmas too! Congrats for the pics, they're really beautiful!

I've used Duoderm before. One summer I had a nasty gash on my knee and it wouldn't heal because I have skin problems but more importantly, the knee flexes all day when walking, causing the skin to rupture over and over again when trying to heal. The duoderm acted like a skin because I am allergic to bandages (the sticky stuff reacts with my skin). It's expensive as heck, but it worked. Nothing else did for a month! However, it seals in everything, i.e your body's own defenses are gonna have to heal the wound. If it is currently infected, you have to get the infection to clear first. A silver dollar size sounds pretty severe?? I hope they gave you something to help with the infection. Ouch. The other thing that's super annoying about any infected wound is showering. I went so far as to duct tape plastic bags over that part of my leg for maybe a week or so, just until the infection cleared, because water was counterproductive to the healing process. It sounds pathetically overkill, but doctors and meds can only do so much. I have had to be vigilant because of my own stupid skin.

On a happier note, I really love your pictures! Even a pic of Mr. Sebastian! He looks a little grumpy and in need of some Christmas cheer! LOL The rest of your kids are adorable as always. I love the one with Baci in the scarf and hat. You knit that for him?

Vivian~ You ended up injured while taking your b/f to the dr??? Too funny. At least you were able to seek medical attention immediately!:p

Dermabond is actually like crazy glue. It was supposed to fall off on its ownafter 10 days but of course on me, it lasted over a month. My skin is super sensitive so I can't use any ointment. I'm on a strong antibiotic, the same used when I had the infection from Cappy's scratch on my chest. Hopefully it'll work this time.

I had all these extra yarn that to keep busy, I decided to knit again. I already completed 8 scarves in a month. I figure maybe next year I can donate them to the homeless. Hubby was the one who suggested I knit one for Baci, like he would ever step foot out in the cold!

Yay!! I didn't know Karen adopted Boo~ at the Rabbit convention, one of the girls from the volunteer told me Boo had developed an infection on his stump. I'm glad he found his forever home!

I am so crazy in love with Cappy it's not even funny :heartbeat: my heart melts everytime I see her pics!!

Your house and your buns all look like so much fun...hope you all have an amazing 2011!!

@ Kirbyultra's Helen : the plastic covering the wound from water sounds correct, I agree water sometimes has a weird effect. I'm glad you're ok! I didn't know duoderm is that expensive. I got it for free at my former college's hospital. It seems like they were trying it. I've never heard of it anymore after that!

@ Naughty Clan's Helen: yes, I can get the weirdest things done. Got burned while going with my bf to the dr... But it took me more than a week to look for medical help. At 1st, the burn looked small and after 1 or 2 days it got huge. Then I let it be but it started to look ugly and weird and I was told good things about my former college's hospital. I had to wait some, but they did a good job. Shame I can't go there anymore, it's only for students.
I hope you get ok and no ointment in wounds sounds correct. I remember when I was burned they advised me that. If you apply ointments, they may infect the area. I suggest you look for natural or alternative medicine. I know "calendula" has healing properties and it's good for healing the skin, scars, etc. Once I had a scar and I prepared a tea with the dehydrated flowers and drank a little everyday (you shouldn't drink much) and also applied on the area. You can apply it as much as you want. Maybe you could even find a concentrate or something. Hopefully it will help you.
I'll ask the same: did you knit Baci's scarf and hat in the pic above? If so, you're a great knitter!!! And it's so nice of you to give scarves to the homeless! You have a great heart!! Get well soon!

lol Brandy! As much as Cappy is such a pisser, she's not ready to switch citizenship.:p

Vivian~ yes I started knitting again. It's really a great stress reducer, especially when I'm sitting in traffic!

Hope everyone have a Happy New Year! Mine has been a rollercoaster. After months of not hearing and then a slow process, I finally got an interview for the job 2 weeks ago. (Some of you already know I work for an airline at the airport but I wasapplying for a flight attendant position.)The entire process took over 5 hours and during the orientation we were all told we will be notified within 3 weeks. However toward the end, 10 of us were led into a room, I was one. When I saw theteary eyes of the person who interviewed me, I figured they were letting us down privately. Well, SURPRISE~ I got the position!!

My interviewer pulled me aside afterwards to congratulate me and told me how I had made an impression on them when I walked out of the room. The funny thing is~ for one of the questions asked, I had used my rabbits as an example. I toldthem Baci's story and about the first time he became sick, how I went on line, found this site and did all the research about rabbits and nursed him back to health. I gave them this long speech about how wonderful rabbits are as a pet but also very fragile. Thatone must commit alot of time to be a rabbit slave. You know~ Rabbit 101.:biggrin2: They called me the Wabbit Whisperer and actually wrote that down on my application. I told hubby I honestly think talking about Baci and the buns got me the job. I was floating on air for the next couple of days. Out of 100,000 applicants, only 1,000 will be hired and I was one! That was flattering!

Well, reality is now settling in and I decided not to accept the job. I weighed the pros and cons. As crazy as it sounds, I will be away from home alot and I don't think I can bear being away from the husband and bunnies. I know some who think I'm crazy b/c I'm basing my decision on my rabbits, but we have no (human)children and they are my children. Hubby had beenso great,supporting me 100% regardless of what I chose to do.

That was the up side. The following week, my dad was admitted into the hospital. His doctor saw something on his test and requested he go to the ER ASAP. Of course that happened to be the day of a snow storm. We called for an ambulance who actually showed up and their place but refused to take him b/c of the storm!!! They saw that he was up and eating and did not consider that to be life threatening. The nerve! I tried to explain to them over the phone, the doctor thought he may have some fatal contagious disease and that he need to be isolated from all. They said to call them after it stops snowing. My mother finally drove him there herself and he was admitted for a week. A very stressful one. After endless of tests, it was clear that he was misdiagnosed. That was a great relief!

So now finally all is good in the Naughty household. Hoping the year will get better. It should as it's the Year of the Rabbit!

I promise I'll post pictures andtalk about the buns in my next post. I know thisis a rabbit blog!:biggrin2:

Wow, Helen, your new year really has been dramatic. I am so proud of you that you got the job you applied for. I think us rabbit people uncontrollably spew rabbit out of every part of our body whenever we can and it usually makes such an impression on people (because who talks about rabbits so endearingly as we do?). Baci certainly has changed your life in so many ways :) I'm sure your bunnies would be very, very happy to know that you made the decision to stay with them. I would have loved to have you as a flight attendant, but they need you more ;)

I cannot believe that an ambulance actually refused to take your dad! That's crazy! Are they really even allowed to say that?? However, I did hear a story from my uncle saying that a pregnant woman died due to birth complications when her ambulance got stuck in a ton of snow during that first storm after Christmas, and they could not get her into surgery to help. It was a really sticky situation :( I am glad your dad is ok though. So much drama!

It's so cool that you worked for an airline and got the flight attendant position!!! And that you got it because of the bunnies, hehe
What airline did you work for? Maybe we met somewhere, I travel a lot when I'm in the US. So you won't take the new position? I totally understand it. Bunnies first!! I used to surf and compete and hardly ever went to the beach even for a weekend after I got my bunnies. I don't regret having chosen them and I think they were the best thing ever for me. It's good to know your father is ok. I wonder how he got misdiagnosed.. and I hope that never happens again!
I hope you're doing good!!
:bunny22:

Whoa how scary! I'm glad it turned out to be a misdiagnosis! Must have been terribly stressful for sure. :expressionlessCongrats on the job! I mean, I know you turned it down, but I am sure it's always good for the self-esteem to know you got the position anyway ;)Hoping all is well with you and that the rest of the years will go more smoothly :biggrin2:

I have been so bad about updating my blog. Spending too much time on FB.:p
Well seems it was fate that I didn't take the position. Training was to start on Feb. 7 and that weekend, Shades stop eating on her own. We knew it was due to her molars again. Another stressful trip to the vet. I dropped her off at 10am and at 3pm the technician came out and handed me a tan chihuahua!:shock: You should have seen the look on my face. My Shades is a 4lb black lop. I knew Dr. Gil was good but not in cosmetic surgery!

Part of me still wonder sometimes if I made the right decision about the job. It would have been fun to travel and see parts of the world. But who am I kidding, it's hard for me to be away fromthe bunsfor even 1 nite. I also heard that the initial training is 7 weeks away from home. Finally I also developed this phobia of bed bugs. This past winter, I couldn't get home b/c of the weather and had to overnite in a hotel a couple times. I literally had to take a couple of Benadryl to help me sleep before I clawed myself from being paranoid.

I had also signed up for the Habitat for Humanity in China for 7 days in May. Decided to back out, once again~ the thought of being away from home.Hubby has been so supportiveof my plans/goals, etc. Once I tell him I can't do it, he tells me he's known all along that I would never have left the buns. How sad. I work so my husband and parents can enjoy my flight benefits, not me!

But that's ok, I'm happy just being home with my buns.

As promised here are some pics of the clan~

Gung Hay Fat Choy

DSCN1398.jpg

Baci's 3rd Birthday

DSCN1510.jpg

Hoppy Valentine's Day

DSCN1398.jpg

Mardi Gras

DSCN1641.jpg

St. Paddy's Day

DSCN1685.jpg

Sebastian standing tall

DSCN1609.jpg

Shades' evil look

DSCN1663.jpg

DSCN1655.jpg

My little bugger~ Cappy. Hubby said her bunny do list yesterday was "Leave me alone, feed me. Leave me alone, feed me again, now leave me alone!" :biggrin2:

Back