Naughty Clan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hln917

Reaction score
I've been enjoying everyone's blog and wanting to share my braggings of our Naughty Clan. Thanks for reading!

Our lives changed forever in June of 2004. Sturgis who was Sebastian's brother was the first bun. Though he only lived for a couple of days. Hubby found the little runt on the curb of the driveway. Couldn't have been more than a week old. I come home from work to find this little furry thing in a shoebox. Fell in love with him instantly! We became instant parents, scrambling to read up on how to raise a little newborn. First thing was to get goat milk. Not exactly an easy thing to find. Thank god for Wegmans! The following evening, our neighbor found Sebastian. Poor thing was cowering next to his momma's body. (attacked by a stray cat) Sturgis instantly protected Sebastian, cleaning him and trying to get him to come out of his shell. Unfortunately Sturgis was too little and passed a couple days later. King Sebastian reigned in this household for 4 years until.......Prince Baci!

I get a text one day at work from hubby. It's a picture of a little rabbit in a cage.After work, as I'm walking to my car I'm looking at the picture more closely and see a sign behind the cage that said "Please Adopt" I called hubby and ask him if he wanted to tell me more. Apparently the sign read "Please Adopt, on death row tonight."Both him and his sister were probably "Easter" bunnies. They were left at the vet's doorstep one night, both with matted hair, long nails and the boy had a broken hind leg. His sister was adopted but noone wanted the boy. The vet said his leg was permantly damaged. His deadline was 5pm that night. Our friend took him immediately already knowing where his new home would be.As soon as we bought Baci home, we let him run. I started crying when I saw him running with the broken leg. 1 1/2 year later he is now running around almost as if his hind leg is healed. He loves chasing my slippers. We do laps
every night. Even the vet we adopted him from was shocked to hear that he is now running up and down the stairs. He became our little prince.........then came the Princess Cappucino and Princess Shades.

Hubby was working at this site and decided to walk into a pet store during lunch. I get a pic message of these adorable bunnies. Couple of days later we're shopping near the pet store and I asked if we can visit them. He said yes but advise we were not going home with any more bunnies.I couldn't help myself and ask if we could hold Cappucino, while hubby held Shades.I looked at him and he relented. I was only expecting to take Cappucino when I hear him tell the girl we'll need two box. He said their's no way we can take her "sister" and leave Shades alone.

So this is how the story of the Naughty Clan begins............

KING SEBASTIAN
2123-1.jpg

Sebastian the first night we found him.

PRINCE BACI

823-1.jpg

Baci was such a timid little thing when we first got him home, probably b/c of his last home. He warmed up in no time and is now hubby's best friend!

Coming soon.........PRINCESS CAPPUCINO AND PRINCESS SHADES
Sorry, photos of the Princesses will now have to wait. Photobucket is now under site maintenance!

PRINCESS CAPPUCINO aka Frappucino

BabyCappy-1.jpg

Cappy or Frappucino as hubby calls her is still skittish a year later. However ~unless you have a treat in your hands!

PRINCESS SHADES aka Shakerdoodle

shadeshiding.jpg

Poor Shades is always getting her food stolen by little Cappy.

Since I just started using Photobucket, not sure which is the new stuff. The adds are driving me crazy though trying to find the X button.

Hehehe!! Hubby was printing up a bunch of papers to distribute to his clients. After the 25th copy, he finds.............

bunnybite.jpg

BUNNY BITES on the bottom of the page! Think the culprit's PRINCE BACI making his trademark stamp!

Thats a great story on how you ended up with the clan. I have a rabbit that was only to visit but took up permanet residence. Then another and another until we reached our current household of 16. They are like potato chips just can't stop at one.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Thats a great story on how you ended up with the clan. I have a rabbit that was only to visit but took up permanet residence. Then another and another until we reached our current household of 16. They are like potato chips just can't stop at one.
It's so hard for me NOT to respond to all those Craigslist add for bunny adoption. Yeah but potato chips are good for us!

So wefinally weaned Sebastian out of eating boxed lettuce a couple of months ago to save $. When he was dining onthe boxed lettuce, it must be all green leaf,he would literally turn his head on the red leaf. So we would hand pick all green. Now we buy hima head of lettuce. However he'll only eat the red leaf lettuce and it must be devined of the heart, washed and spun dry. One hint of the heart and it's all over!

Baci on the other hand will only eat boxed lettuce. $4.00 a box! And he's picky about the brand. (Funny when we were down in Nashville a couple of months ago looking for possible relocation, first thing we did was head to the local market to make sure they carried boxed baby romaine.) His favorite:

lettuce.jpg

Luckily Cappucino and Shades are not picky veggie buns. They'll eat anything! And they say girls are picky!

Dinnernow.jpg

Ummm. I'm patiently waiting! Dinner please!

dinnerplease.jpg

I said NOW! Do you not see my paws on the empty plate!!!!

Looks like Shades is having some teeth problem.She seems to have a hard time biting down with her front teeth, I can see she's picking up her food from the side of her mouth. I just added some water to her pellets to make it softer for her. She seems to be liking it. Need to call the vet first thing in the morning and hopefully they can see her ASAP. Keep your fingers crossed! I swear theymusttime it by getting sick on a holiday or weekend to freak us out!
kaos-animal-bunny-smiley-6082.gif

Great story and pictures. I hope everything is ok with Shades.

Ours tend to wait until weekends or holidays for the maximum freakout effect as well.

Thanks Tijya. I called this morning and have an appointment for tomorrow at 12 noon.

The girls gets the bedroom upstairs during the day. I go upstairs to look in on them today and they are nowhere to be found. Under the futon, behind the dresser, under the bed, no bunnies! Now I'm getting scared, calling hubby on the phone. How did they just disappear into thin air? All of a sudden I see movement at the corner of my eyes~

Sistersonthechair.jpg

You wanna keep in down momma? We're trying to sleep here!

You can barely see Shades against the black chair. Perhaps we should have also got the ottoman for them!

Well we took Shades to the vet today. Her front tooth was overgrown. She was such a good girl. The vet had to clip her tooth. Momma here was not so good. I couldn't look, my hair was standing just hearing the snap! Daddy on the other hand was facinated! Unfortunately her back molars are crooked so she has to go back on Thur to shave them down. That'll be a stressful morning. They'll have to put her under. I'm sure it's a very safe procedure for her, for the parents, it'll be nerve wracking! She was so cute. On the way out, she was giving daddy bunny kisses as if to say Thank you for making me feel better!
kaos-not-tagged-smiley-5834.gif
Of course mommy was jealous.

We stopped at the pet store on the way home and got her goodies for being such a good girl. A wooden ladder, straw mat and Oxbow strawberry treats! Boy I'd go to the doctors too if I got goodies!

Daddy and Shades at the vet

Shadesatthevetg.jpg

Ok daddy, you promised me goodies if I open wide and say ahhhhhhhhh.

Shades went back to the Vet on Thur to finish her dental work. They had to remove her front molars and shave down the back molars to even it out. She's such a trooper. By that night she was already eating and back to normal.

It's a blizzard out there right now but at least everything is back to normal in the bun world. We finally have the tree up and decorations, nothing like last minute. We've always went out and cut down a tree, I love the smell of it in the house. However since we've had the buns, we always kept it out in the sunroom to keep them away from it. This year I decided to just have a small table tree.

And I'm on vacation! :bunnydance:

XMASTREE.jpg

xmasbaci.jpg

Hey where's my present? Santa said I was a good bunny this year!

XMASSHADES.jpg

Now I know I saw Baci up here, he better not have taken my present!

Back