Nasty Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karona

Reaction score
Well last night my mom tried to put this ontainment contraption on me (she called it a harnes). I was not amused. She sliped it over my head and cliped the other string belly. I then proceded to jup in the air and kick her in the head. She then put me in my cage to live in peace.:bunnydance:

We tried this once on our sweet little Pepper girl. She was only a 2 and a half pound ball of fluff at the time. We put the neck part on (so far so good) and tried to slip the tummy part under and do it up. She lept up into the air kicking like a champion bronco. She was mad (<--understatement) and tried to bite it, me, the hubby, air... etc...Now having gotten the top of the harness on her (and deciding it might have been a case of poor judgement on our part:() we couldn't get it off! She finally backed into a corner of the hutch and sat there scowling, snorting, pawing the ground like a bull and growling at us. It took another 5 minutes or so to get a hold of her and take it off...but we learned our lesson and have never attempted it again (and that is how a tiny bunny trains it's owners!). Her sister just sat there the whole time munching on hay and watching the show! <shaking head>:?

:D

I bought a harness for Maisie back when she wasa lone bun in our household (which is hard to imagine at this point, hehe)...and I've never had the guts to even ATTEMPT it with her!! Hehe!!

:goodluck

I've only put a harness on Harper because he goes walking with me and rides in the car a lot. He loves his harness, and gets SO excited when he see's me coming with it because he knows it means he's going bye-bye.

harper-car1small.jpg

I am ging to keep trying because I want her to be able to come in the car and go out places with me. My old bunny was trained and she went to the mall with me under my coat in an inside mesh pocket I had. She loved outings and was alwas very good.

I would try, but be very careful as it can really stress out a rabbit. Some rabbits don't like going to new places with new noises and smells either. Very stressful

Spring wrote:
I would try, but be very careful as it can really stress out a rabbit. Some rabbits don't like going to new places with new noises and smells either. Very stressful
I was going to mention that earlier as well. I never really trained Harper to do anything. He decided he liked car rides and new places -- so he gets to go in car rides to new places. :cool:

Chance couldn't care less about car rides, and Thumper is scared of them.

Oh Karona likes going everyware. Thats no problem. The problem is getting the harness on and having her be comfy in it. Once she spazzes for a bit then she is fine bu I want her to be happy wareing it.

Latest posts

Back