Naming help... Resolved!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueGiants

Reaction score
We have a new resident here, got "dropped off" this morning... (Never can tell what gets left around here! At least they had the courtesy of telling me about him and asking me, instead of just leaving him...) ...they swore it was a girl, it's not, it's a neutered boy... Not sure of the age, but they had him for a year. (Was neutered before they found him wandering the neighborhood.) He's of good weight and condition. I'm 99% sure he's a Holland lop.

He has a rip in his left ear (well healed) and a back left leg that sticks out at a funny angle... (looks like an old injury) but he gets around on it just fine. I suspect he may have been attacked by a dog or other animal before they found him. They did not take him to a vet...

He is the sweetest, gentlest boy, totally litterbox trained, content to sit and be petted, likes to be held.A real gentleman. But he has no name... none! They never called him anything but "the rabbit". If anyone has time, I'm open to suggestions for a suitable name for him.

He's going to stay here for now. I want my vet to take a look at his leg. And I'd like to name him, but I'm totally drawing a blank on something suitable (Huh? ME? At a loss for words? How unusual!) But would appreciate any ideas...

You can see the rip in the ear here....

hlop4.jpg

You can see the left leg sitting at an angle....

hlop2.jpg

Isn't he a handsome boy?

hlop1.jpg

So, what do you all think?

Poor little man. :(He is a looker though.

Fausto - lucky

Finlay - fair warrior

Fortune - luck, fate

Zain - handsome

Zane - beloved

Valerian - strength

Varius - different

Galahad - pure, noble

Galen - calm

Eko

Apollo

Astro

Bazzle

Hop Along Cassidy (tis a joke...)

Kirby

Asher - happy

Kadin - companion

Thats all I got for now.

ETA: Guess I lied. :biggrin2:

Dexter

Dundee

Darby

Dapple

Rafferty

Diesel

Disco

Devlin

Trooper
Evander Holyfield (bad joke)
Smudge
Barnaby
Charlie
Winston
James
Walt (as in Walt whitman)

I'm liking hopalong Cassidy tho.. Maybe just Cassidy?

Nate votes for Mortifer...
I like Mr.Whiskers.. makes me giggle like an idiot when I say it.

I'm so happy for him to have found you! What better place could there be?

I think he looks more Mini/French lop to me than Holland. Do you know how much he weighs? It's just the way that he sits in the third picture that reminds me of a Mini or Frenchie.

I think he looks like a Thomas!!! :) He's very cute though!

Emily

Oh NO! I coildn't bear calling him "Mr. Fluffypants"! LOL!

Actually, we all liked Elliot! I think that suits him perfectly... so Elliot it is! Thanks kellyjade!

I weighed him BSAR, he is only 4 lb 12 oz. Kind of on the smaller size. I still think he's a Holland.

Will call the vet tomorrow to get an appointment to have his leg looked at. Maybe it can be fixed. Either way, he gets around onit fine, you'd never know anything was wrong. He is such a love.

aw Kathy he is gorgeous what a chunk out of his ear!! nice to meet Elliot I think its a lovely name :)poor guy has had a hard time he's gonna love living with you :)

Thanks Polly! He's settling nicely. No stress, loves his bit of carrot and comfrey and dove on the parsley. I have him outside the barn in the "quarentine" shelter. Just want to make sure he's healthy (not carrying anything) before I move him into the barn.

The people gave me the Manna Pro pellets they said he's been on, but I couldn't feed them to him. I have no idea how old they were or where they were kept...The bag wwas full of webs and dust, and what looked like fecal pellets! Yuck! I'll take my chance with him on my feed. At least I know it's fresh and clean.

For all he's been through, he's very sweet.

eewww imagine giving you feed like that :(I would be so embarrassed if it was me!! you have probably done teh best thing with the feed. if I get one without feed I just wean them on slowly

Elliot is a cute name, and he's a cute bunner!

You're lucky that you have a name for him. I'm on week-six of having my new guy and still don't have a name for him. (See my "Synchronicity and Whatnot" thread. I'm hopeless!)

Jenk

Back