Name Your Camera

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
I just got a nikon d3000 and love having it!

so what kind of camera do you all use?

katt wrote:
so what kind of camera do you all use?
I've got a Nikon D300, with 12-24, 18-200 and 70-300 zoom lenses, 55mm f1.4 lens and 105mm macro. The 18-200's the everyday lens. See my posting on lenses for example photos from each.

I use an SB-600 external flash for Natasha - flash is a must for her shiny black fur, and the external flash is much better than the built-in (no red-eye, for one thing).

I also have a 600mm mirror lens and 1200mm Celestron telescope with a Nikon-mount adaptor, for bird photography mostly, but I don't use either very much.

March 2011 update: I've updated to a Nikon D7000 (although I kept the D300 as a backup). There's a thread about the camera here in the Camera Corner.

Um...I have three.

I love my Nikon Coolpix 4800 - but it is dying.

I have the FujiFilm Fine Pix S1500 - don't like the video on it - too noisy

and I have a Canon PowerShot SX100 that I bought used before Christmas.

I grab the Canon first lately...but truth be told...I wanna go back to Nikon and get a new one of those.

I could kick myself for buying the Fuji...it does ok...but it just isn't the Nikon.

I'll try to take pictures with all 3 later this week (same picture) and show the difference. If I remember...

I use a Canon Rebel Xsi :). As soon as I get a grooming job, pay off school, and buy a new car...I will be upgrading to something else, not sure to what though!

i use the camera on my samsung moment droid phone and a nikon D3000 (i got it for christmas because i lovee photography!) i adore it :) solara likes to try and chew/lick it! xp

we have a couple of Sony's. The little one has a push down plate on the front and takes really nice pictures. It is a 5 maga pixel DSC-T1. We also have a DSC-828, mega pixel with a huge Zeiss lens--we got it sent from Japan 5 years ago before we went to Europe as it wasn't available here yet and wanted a really good, high resolution camera. The reason we stuck with the Sony brand is that all our video, laptops, picture printers and even this computer are Sony so there is no problem with compatabilty and no additional software needed. So far we have been really happy and have not needed to replace anything. Both will be coming along when we go to Holland, England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland this coming August.

Nikon D40s for the win...Hehe. I love my camera.

I think its a nice compromise between quality and reasonableness.

The only thing is I can't really take it with me when I go out with my friends because its too large to carry around and I'm worried it will get damaged.

Canon PowerShot SX120 IS. Just got it for Christmas. It takes awesome pics compared to my old camera but is still a liiiittle complicated for me. Slowly learning and getting better photos, though! And it has an image stabilizer, which is awesome because my neuro damage gives me shaky hands which often make photos blurry.

We have a Nikon d90 that came with an 18-105 kit lens. We started adding equipment pretty quickly after purchasing the camera though, and I think we got a little out of control...

Equipment we have bought since purchase:
SB-600 speed flash with diffuser
35mm f1.8
10-20mm Sigma f4-5.6
MB-D80 battery grip plus additional battery
Remote shutter release
70-300mm f4-5.6
Puffer diffuser for on camera flash
Sherpa 500R tripod
A small collection of filters and polarizers

More memory cards than we can shake a stick at, along with a progression of larger camera bags as we picked up the additional gear. Currently we are using the Crumpler Karachi Outpost back pack.

That is probably all for now, as most of the other more zoom lenses that we want are big money.

-Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
We have a Nikon d90 that came with an 18-105 kit lens. We started adding equipment pretty quickly after purchasing the camera though, and I think we got a little out of control...

Equipment we have bought since purchase:
SB-600 speed flash with diffuser
35mm f1.8
10-20mm Sigma f4-5.6
MB-D80 battery grip plus additional battery
Remote shutter release
70-300mm f4-5.6
Puffer diffuser for on camera flash
Sherpa 500R tripod
A small collection of filters and polarizers

More memory cards than we can shake a stick at, along with a progression of larger camera bags as we picked up the additional gear. Currently we are using the Crumpler Karachi Outpost back pack.

That is probably all for now, as most of the other more zoom lenses that we want are big money.

-Dawn
:shock::zoro:Nice! Jealous, need a new one.

Where do I start? Thecameras Ilisted are still working.

Nikon F2S Professional Film camera. (had since 1975)
Nikon FE Film camera.

Nikkor 24 mm f2.8
Nikkor50 mm f1.4
Nikkor105 mm f2.5
Tamron 35-80 mm zoom/macro f2.8-3.5
Vivitar Series 1 70-210 mmzoom f3.5
Vivitar 283 flash.

Pentax Espio 928M Point and shoot film camera.

Nikon D200 Digital Camera.
Nikon D300 Digital Camera, with MB-D10 battery grip

Nikkor 18-200 mm VR zoom f3.5-5.6
Nikkor 14-24 mm zoom f2.8
Nikkor 24-70 mm zoom f2.8
Nikkor70-200 mm zoom f2.8
Nikon SB-800 flash
Gary Fong Whaletail Flash Diffuser

Bogen 3020 tripod
Loweppro SlingShot 300 AW
ThinkTank belt pack

Right now I have a Kodak Easyshare ZD8612 IS but in a couple weeks I will be getting a Canon Powershot SX20-IS and I can't wait to get it!

Latest posts

Back