Nala and Gaz

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are just so irresponsible and tell blatant fibs which they think people won´t realise. I love reading about gliders but it is a lot work and looks like you have to be really dedicated if you want to get into this but they are awesome little animals, I love reading about them but couldn´t take that responsibility on. There´ll always be people who acquire animals cos it seemed like a good idea at the time but when push comes to shove, they just can´t be bothered when they do take up lots of their time and they just decide to get rid of them. It happens with gliders, rabbits, dogs, cats and it really makes my blood boil. And then they had the cheek to complain cos someone was trying to delete the ad....wish they´d have succeeded.

EWWWW!! so my **** AC is on the fritz and it's hot and muggy (to the point of sweltering) in my house. I opted to open a window because it's surprisingly nice and breezy outside... and when I did, it turns out that a big-ass tree roach had gotten stuck between the screen part and the window part!! UGH! they're the only thing in the world I'm truly terrified of, alive or dead.

thank GOD it was dead, though - the window I opened was the one in the merchandise room that's full of glider toy parts, meaning my usual roach-killing method of grabbing a can of raid and dousing the little bastard in lemony-fresh deadly poison was 100% not an option because of the risk that some tiny bit of it might manage to mist onto something a glider might touch.

now I'm holed up in my room, trying to summon up the courage to vacuum up the little jackass. what really sucks is the only remotely close outlet is DIRECTLY below the **** roach and there is no way in hell I'm getting that close, which means I either need to find an extension cord or crawl under the dining room table.

MAN, do I hate roaches!!

whee! just made my first sale on my website! it was an adventure, too, as the woman lives in Canada so I had to learn about shipping internationally and customs forms and such, hehe. she inquired about how much shipping would be before committing to the order. she was expecting to be told around $30-35 since that's what she'd been told elsewhere it would probably be for a very light-weight package. $30 was right... if I was stupid and shipped through UPS or FedEx, lol. she was shocked when I came back with a quote of $9.05 ($8.55 for shipping/50c for the box) - yay, USPS first class mail for packages under 13 ounces!

:woohoo Congratulations on your first sale! Hope I too can place a bunny order with you soon, maybe this weekend (Have to check my finances.). You have done a great job with your web site, I'm sure your sales will grow quickly as people learn about it!

thanks! I need to start advertising it and adding it to glider vendor databases and such now that I've got most stuff in stock, hehe. at this point, it's just in my sig here and on glider central, plus the few times I've mentioned it in a post :p

I just googled Texas tree roaches and I'm for sure having nightmares tonight. Good GRIEF they are yucky (shudders)

Congrats on your first online sale! :)

Congrats on the sale!!

And Roaches don't scare me in the least.. when I was in 7th grade we had some Roaches in a science class for some sort of experiments (I don't remember now). I pet them all the time!! What freaks me out is EARWIGS... EEEE -shudder-

Congratulations on your first sale!

I dislike most of the pet ads on craigs list. There are too many people getting rid of their dogs/puppies they haven't had for long. Or kittens that could have been avoided with a simple spay. Animals that are old. How many people will take on an older animal and why would you do that. Then there are those that just have no clue and are giving pets to others that have no clue.

I have had just about every pet out there but not a sugar glider. I did think about it in the past but at this point in life with kids and other pets I know I would not be able to provide all of the time they would require. Plus I don't think my husband would come near me if I was an animals litter box everyday. :)

I would love to just be able to watch some go about their day though.

Congratulations on your first sale. One of these days I really got to look into what a sugar glider is...I swear for a little while I thought folks we're talking about a candy.

I just googled Texas tree roaches and I'm for sure having nightmares tonight. Good GRIEF they are yucky (shudders)

Congrats on your first online sale! :)

oh dear god, WHY?? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF?? I can't stand even pictures of them. I remember an old commercial that used to piss me off 'cause they made it look like there was a roach crawling on your tv screen.

I would love to just be able to watch some go about their day though.

if my comp refused to let me upload videos, I'd take some for ya :(

here's a really cute youtube video, though - slow motion of gliders playing in their wheel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s1V91ze6dvs

(hmm, where the heck did the option to embed a video go?)

Great stuff that you´ve had your first sale, that´s the hardest. I´m sure you´ll get many more one you´re out there.

And those roaches, they´re just like the ones over here. I once had an infestation in my kitchen, I could hear them moving about, it was one of the worst sounds I´ve ever heard, like something from a horror movie, I remember loads running about the kitchen floor and me there killing them all... yuk. They just make me shudder every time. There´s a programme on UK TV where they put celebs in the jungle in Australia and they have to do trials and they´re always putting them in boxes or caves and throwing these things on top of them...I couldn´t do that however much you paid me.

Lisa, have just watched the video and I love them. They are so cute and those tails...remind me of a lemur and they´re such a lovely colour and look so soft. Love them.

I once had an infestation in my kitchen, I could hear them moving about, it was one of the worst sounds I´ve ever heard, like something from a horror movie, I remember loads running about the kitchen floor and me there killing them all... yuk.

I would relocate to a cardboard box in a suspicious-looking alley before I'd live in a house that had an infestation like that. hell, screw the cardboard box, I'd just take the sugar gliders' tent - it's way better than a box 'cause then if there's a roach in the alley, too, it couldn't ambush me. f-ing roaches. I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns!!!

as for the video... man, I wish I could've recorded my tent-adventures earlier this morning for you. I had one of those cat teasers with the stick and the plastic string and feathers on the end of it... Hurricane was stalking it like a miniature cat, then I was holding it up and she was treating the stick like a tightrope! it was SO cute, especially when she was hanging upside-down from the stick by her back legs, all stretched out with her front hands reaching for those feathers, hehehe.

It´s a shame that you can´t video, they are such adorable little creatures, I just love that long tail. I´ll probably go back on youtube and watch a some more on the gliders.

Yes, I did think about moving but sometimes you can survive anything and in that house, I did have everything; roaches, rats, snakes, ants....was I glad to get out of there eventually, probably the worst place I´ve lived ever.

I live in a super old house and I've never found a roach. I've never even seen one in the yard. I don't know why, because when we lived in the city we had them come up and eat the cat food. I once killed a roach that was so large, he must have been hanging out with Jesus. He walked up to me, I looked at it and he looked at me and there was just this understanding that it was his time. He was black and like the size of a tv clicker. He knew what time it was and he didn't even try to run. I think out where we are, the spiders have scared away the roaches and the chickens may have eaten them too. But theres something about the area, we don't have them...that I've seen. THANKGOD.

I have 2 fears for critters; spiders particularly wolf spiders and rattle snakes. We have these massive wolf spiders at my house, where you have tree roaches we have hand-sized horror movie looking spiders. And I have a sort of irrational fear of rattle snakes, as it turns out we have 4 types that live in this area, but I've never seen one. So every time I see a hole in the yard I freak out a little because I think its a rattle snake.

So the gliders "hunt" like cats? haha. I bet that was hilarious to watch! Where do they come from? Australia? They live in the wild right? I bet they're funny.

Australia and I think also Indonesia or some place. they display hunting behaviors while playing sometimes... I guess 'cause they're insectivores and have to capture little moving insects :p

Wolf spiders are on my list of bugs that freak me out.

And silverfish. UHg...all the legs. I trapped one under a glass bowl one time because I was home alone and too scared to kill it but yet didn't want it running around my house. It glared at me from under the bowl I swear.I'm getting chills just remembering that......

Latest posts

Back