Nail trimming a very bad girl!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried to do Nelson's once and he threw a giant fit. He screamed and kicked cause he hates being picked up. I felt so bad, I let him down. The local feed and farm store cuts pet nails, so I figured I'd give them a shot.

A confident hand does wonders, apparently. I was fretting when they reached into the carrier, informing them that he hates being picked up. They picked him up with out a struggle. His nail trim went flawlessly until I spoke to him (I was standing at an angle he couldn't see me, I suppose) and he stuggled a little just then towards my voice. He wanted his mom. It was seven dollars (not bad at all, considering the stress it saved me). I would definatly reccomend taking your bun elsewhere is they don't mind car rides.

Haley wrote:
Joy, are you anywhere near me? Im in the Flint area. I'd be happy to help if youre close ;)

Haley

Thanks Haley but no, I am up in Petoskey. I appreciate the offer though!

Joy

We have Bo who really is a handful when it comes to trimmings! He will not trance enough to do his nails so we have 2 people. My daughter who holds him with his back to her and I can usually get a back foot done at a time that way. Then I can do one front foot with me holding him and one with her holding him for me. It really does take all of that to get his little butt secured!

Cloverbunny is not too bad once we catch her! :?and Heidi got her first nail trim today with my daughter holding her with her back against her chest like we do with Bo and she let me do all 4 feet with no problem! :biggrin2:

babii is a handfull to but i manage to do it by myslef. i lay her up agenst me and her feet sticking out and i hold her back paws in my front elbow and i hold her fronts with my hands and cut her naills she usually ends up biting my bra through my shirt to like calm herseld down ...really cute but makes hols in my shirts.mym oms firends daughter used to work at a vets so she does babiis back paws.

Brandy456 wrote:
babii is a handfull to but i manage to do it by myslef. i lay her up agenst me and her feet sticking out and i hold her back paws in my front elbow and i hold her fronts with my hands and cut her naills she usually ends up biting my bra through my shirt to like calm herseld down ...really cute but makes hols in my shirts.mym oms firends daughter used to work at a vets so she does babiis back paws.
I love seeing how we describe how to hold all the legs so we can trim toes! :wink

Back