Myxi ( RIP)Boofa, Bubby, Mickey Smokey Jo, Jo-Jo, Porka.Tootsie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweenkylie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

my bunnies are still eating and drinking but they are losing a little weight. I'm taking them to the vet tomorrow but i don't know how rabbit savy they are so i'd like to have your input before i go.

They have conjunctivitis, eyes are alittle swollen, theyre sneezing, have runny noses, one has little tiny lumps at the base of his ears but they are disappearing.

they have sudden bursts of energy where theyll eat a LOT and run around like crazy then theyll settle and relax.

They have no wet paws and no head tilt. They have warm ears.

If you need anymore information just ask me.

Thanks guys

kweenkylie wrote:
my bunnies are still eating and drinking but they are losing a little weight.

They have conjunctivitis, eyes are alittle swollen, theyre sneezing, have runny noses,

They have no wet paws and no head tilt. They have warm ears.

Hey, this was exactly how my rabbit was. Jenni was losing weight and she is the size of a dutch but she is a mixed. She only weighed 1kilo

When the vet checked her temperature her temp. was 38degrees C. which is higher than normal in Ireland the vet said. She had a look and it was confirmed that she did indeed have conjuctivitis and pasturella.

She was put on 0.4ml of baytril which is quite low. It had to be mixed with 1.6ml of water and a small but of juice. It was syringe fed, or she could lick it off of your hand. She got eye drops which had to be applied to both eyes. A dot was put on the centre of her eye, then close it. She was on the baytril and eye drops for one week.

I can proudly say Jenni is all cleared up now :biggrin2:

Hope your bun gets better soon :)

Boofa passed away at 12.30am AEDST this morning...R.I.P. Boofa girl. Go be with your mummy (Muffin), daddy (Tubby)and baby Minnie.

I love you and miss you heaps but I'm glad you're at peace now baby girl!

15092009131.jpg

I am so sorry that you lost her :(

RIP Boofa :pink iris:
is this one your bunnies who had swollen eyes and conjunctivitis .?
Could you let us know what happened to her?
So very sorry :(

I'm so sorry. She does look like she has swollen eyes in that pic, although she is still very adorable. I would think myxi would look worse, but I am not an expert on that disease.

Binky free, Boofa.

This was an old photo of her from about 3 months ago!
Yes she did have conjunctivitis and a runny nose.
It was confirmed to be Myxi and all 11 of my rabbits had it, I took them to the RSPCA as I couldn't afford to have the vet put them to sleep so I surrendered them and the RSPCA did it for me. I know they are better off now and are not suffering.

R.I.P. Boofa, Bubby, Mickey, Smokey Jo, JoJo, Porka, Tootsie and the other 4 rabbits I hadn't named yet!!! You can all be with Muffin, Tubby and Minnie now!!!

What a terrible tragedy! :bigtears::bigtears:

But you did the right thing for them !
I am so sad for you and all these losses :tears2::hug:

RIP Boofa, Bubby , Mickey, Smokey Jo, Jo-Jo, Porka and Tootsie and the 4 unnamedlittle angel souls

Please make a tributefor them in the Rainbow Bridge section if it will help you

Icannot imagine your feelings

myxi is such a horrible disease ....

Awww Im so sorry :angel:

You should add your buns names to the Tribute Video which is being made by Flashy(Tracy) if you havent already.

It is really hard to let a bun go.. It must be hard for you

R.I.P Binky Free Bunnys

x

How terrible! I'm so sorry that lost them all, but you did do the right thing for them. It's terrible that there's no vaccination for myxi in Australia--so many beloved pets lost. This must be a hard time for you--good thoughts being sent your way.

I am so very sorry, I couldn't image losing all my rabbit companions. My symapthy and thoughts are with you... what a horrible loss.... :cry1:

kweenkylie wrote:
This was an old photo of her from about 3 months ago!
Yes she did have conjunctivitis and a runny nose.
It was confirmed to be Myxi and all 11 of my rabbits had it, I took them to the RSPCA as I couldn't afford to have the vet put them to sleep so I surrendered them and the RSPCA did it for me. I know they are better off now and are not suffering.

R.I.P. Boofa, Bubby, Mickey, Smokey Jo, JoJo, Porka, Tootsie and the other 4 rabbits I hadn't named yet!!! You can all be with Muffin, Tubby and Minnie now!!!
i am so very sorry,,i lost my rex(red):pink iris: today,,and i cannot find the right words of solice,...god bless,,sincerely james waller:rose::rose:

Latest posts

Back