Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brenda, I don't know if I said this but I drive a scooter. I get 80 miles to the gallon. LOL. Beat that Prius! It takes $3.22 to fill up my tank, and I usually only have to refill it once a month on my busiest times.

It is actually only a 25-30 minute car ride but since I can't go on freeways it takes me longer.

Well, they are good vets, but not the best. I really have not found "The vet" but they are pretty nice.

That is a lot of driving! James and I drive an hour freeway to get to his parents house every week..but I am so used to it. I think that is why the scooter drive doesn't phase me, I am too used to it.

Are you working at Tranquilty Trail or volunteering? Either way, that's awesome!

Glad to hear Chewy got good news at the vets. :)

So excuse this horrible picture, my camera is still out of commission so this is with my out of date phone, but here are chewys and anakins cage..both are 3x2.

You can roughly see them in the cage, so you can see how much space they have. Since Anakins cage is larger now, it seems soooooo barren, lol. So I am going to buy a grass mat and a litter box (His last cage was a pull out wire cage)

I also gave them a phone book to play with for the week I will be gone.

Ugh I miss them so much already!

doublecage.jpg

Dragonrain wrote:
Are you working at Tranquilty Trail or volunteering? Either way, that's awesome!

Glad to hear Chewy got good news at the vets. :)
Just volunteering :)
But if I could get a job..my life would be so awesome I might have to die. LOL.

So, I added up all the things I "need" (IMO) from Tranquilty Trail:

2 Bunny Beds
1 Litter Box
1 large Willow Tunnel
2 large Grass mats
2 hay racks
2 mini mazes..

Total..$114. Lol. I will buy them slowly, I promise.

Just finished the whole blog. lol I found it a few days ago and have slowly been reading it all, everytime I'm on the latop my bf will walk by and be like "You've been on that same forum for days!?! What the heck?" lol. Ah well it was very good, all your pets are soooooo awesome I am quite jealous. Keep up the good work lol :biggrin2:

Thanks aquamoombeam!

So everyone, I am back in Arizona after a week long vacation in Colorado.

Man did I miss the bunnies!

I had a lot of fun. James parents own a house in a tinsey tiny town (If you can call it that) in the Chalk Mountains.

But let me tell you..it was averaging 50 degrees..and coming back to 100 degree weather is def not pleasant! LOL.

I got to see a lot of wildlife..but man does Colorado have a lot of bees/wasps! I nearly died!

I went fishing three days..the first day I didnt' catch anything, the second we went river fishing and I didn't get anything...the third day? I caught 8 fish! That is right! I outfished james! lol!

I also went hiking, and did some old town roaming around.

The apartment is a mess...after a week of me not being here it needs some TLC. The animal sitter (James brother) did a overall good job, but there is just some more work!

Welcome back!

Sounds like you had fun. I'm sure the animals are happy to have you back now though!

Ahh 50 degrees...that must have been so nice! We're having a heat wave here and it's suppose to be very hot (90 - 100) all week. Icks...I should move to Colorado!

So I posted in the Let Your Hare Down, but my MIL got me "Animals Make Us Human" by Temple Grandin which I absolutly loved...

And because she is so awesome she also let me order some otehr books on half.com (I love cheap books!)

I got Grandins other book, "Animals in translation"

"Thousand Pieces of Gold" by Ruthanne McCunn

"House Rabbit Handbook: How to live with an urban rabbit" by Marinell Harrimen

and

"Stories Rabbits Tell" by Margo Demello and Susuan E Davis.

I really want to buy Rabbit Health in the 21st century, but it is $20 shipped by itself..along with "caring for a special needs rabbit" but it is like $15 shipped. Hopefully sometime right!

Chelle, it was nice but honestly I was freezing most of the time. I hated it at first, but yeah. I have never seen snow even...I am a warm blooded person lol.

Myia09 wrote:
I really want to buy Rabbit Health in the 21st century, but it is $20 shipped by itself..along with "caring for a special needs rabbit" but it is like $15 shipped. Hopefully sometime right!
I want those as well. :)

So, like I said earlier..James is gone for another full week..and we can't communicate because he is camping where there is no cell phone service. Today is the "official" day one..but I only saw him yesterday for a short time. I already really miss him.

This vacation was amazing for us. It was just what we needed. We never fell out of love, but this vacation brought us so close together. As much as I miss him (And how upset I am) another week of not being together is like a perfect recipe for some major relationship fix! Things have been going really well in general, but I will still upset and hurt.

But a week without communication is like a death sentance! ugh!

I vacummed yesterday, but didn't clean at all. So instead of making plans to go out, after work I have to come home and clean! I have another 4-5 hours here :/

So, the bunnies are well. It seems Kinobe has gained some weight..he isn't fat, but it looks like I need to stop free feeding him. 2/3 cup a day here I come!

Chewy and Anakin are good..I ended up giving Anakin Kinobes Carpet Kitty Hide thing..because Kinobe no longer uses it. He really likes it, and has started to chew on it!

The Chins are well, hammies and mice are well, keets are well..

I lost the other 3 gecko eggs to mold..and it was my fault I think..I left the vermaculite too wet..ugh!

I think my season is over..two babies is good enough for me!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder!:love:

Glad you had a nice vacation. Hubby and I go fishing all the time. I pack my knitting, idpod, Star magazine crosswordpuzzle and a book. Only when I see proof of an actual fish biting will I then cast my line in the water! :biggrin2:

We can use some of that "cold" weather here! I'd be happy with a yearly temperature of 70.

So sorry about the other gecko eggs! At least you got the two babies you did though. You should post some updated pictures of them!

I need to, but I have no camera, and my phone camera is so bad it doesn't even pick them up, lol. The mack snow is HUGE now! Like triple the size of the super snow enigma.

I will try to get photos when I see my mother in law next!

I truly loved fishing though! It was so much fun! Even when it was frustrating, lol.

So, yesterday I went to Bookmans (A used bookstore) to trade in 6 books that I have no desire to keep (HOnestly, most of them were gifts..good intentions, but I only keep books I collect/like) thinking I would get enough store credit to buy 1 book.

Nope! I got $28! And there was a book sale!

So I got 4 REALLY nice books, and a 1000 piece puzzle.

The books I got were a 300+ page hardbook of 200+ herbs, hwo to plant them, ect (For my gardening)

Another super good book about container gardening

A 500+ page hardback book of Herbal medicene

And "laughable loves" by Milan Kundera (An amazing author!)

What I steal huh! All for technically free!

So, Tranquilty Trail has an emergency rescue of over 100 rabbits, most in burrows and pregnant. I am donating what I can (My extra cage, towles, vinager, zip ties, toys, food) but I feel awful I can't do more!

But it is also nice because I feel like I made new friends. I can't wait to go in store to volunteer!

Hey, also RO, I am making bulk rabbit cookies..if you would like some, I will send you some of them!

I am making them for the rescue, and plan on making an insane amount (I mean bulk!) so I thought I would give some away to RO members :)

Just send me your address! They will be made with Purina Show, although I am trying to find a recipe for a non-pellet.

You guys are really going to regret not wanting some of these cookies, lol. My rabbits love them! I made them from bannna, oats, carrots, and cucumbers.

A girl named Stephanie is coming over today to pick up some supplies for the emergency rescue.

I had to take off of work because I had a "coughing fit" last night and threw up from it. I was sick (Coughing, runny nose) in Colorado, and it seems last night I coughed the rest of it out, lol. But I am glad for the day of rest actually.

PLUS fate walked in..my water heater was leaking! I realized that I had no hot water and checked and it was leaking! Flooded the closet. So they are replacing it. Right now I am waiting for them to come back with the new one...so I only have cold water.

James called today too, but we could only talk for a short time. It actually made me sadder!

Also, my puzzle is missing pieces. Ohhh yeah. I am angry! Grrr.

:cry2

It is times like this I feel like such a bad pet owner.

Kinobe bit me, really badly on the calf. It wasn't his fault..I was going in and out of the bedroom, and decided to put Kinobe in the bathroom. I put him in the bathroom so Chewy and Anakin can have some free time with a larger space. Well, I took him out, and forgot my phone in the bedroom. So I went in (Closing the door behind me) and came back out, and of course he was there waiting trying to get in. I pushed him away and he got angry and bit me.

I am crying not because it hurts, but because I don't want anotehr Sheriff. Now, I know this is all horomones and he was trying to get to Chewy, but it still upsets me.

I can't wat for this nueter. I keep telling myself only one more week. James better have the money (I am trading in my anniversary present for the nueters for both Kinobe and Anakin) because somehow the money he had for the tattoo ($300) turned into $100. I don't know what he spent it on, or even if he had the money (If he was plannning on somehow getting it)

But I told him it wasn't becoming an option. And now, it really isn't. We have to save for Chewys spay (Since it will be a lot more expensive since her head tilt)

It makse me really upset.

Why will her spay be more? The head-tilt shouldn't effect her what so ever with the spay. I have had two head-tilt bunnies done. Mind you one was a spay the other an neuter.

Yeah, they told me $250-300! They said because of her head tilt she was at greater risk for complications for spaying and would require extra percaution, and blood tests and an emergency tube during the spay (If something go wrong they can give her meds) I don't go through this vet for spays, but the normally charge $175. The place I am going to get teh nueters for the boys is $70 for boys and $80 for girls.

BUT I dont' want to take any risks with Chewy if there could be a greater chance of problems.

BUT the good news is, this morning I had to push him away from the door again, and there was zero aggression. SO I think I must have hurt him last night when I pushed him away somehow. So it was a "Ow that hurt!" bite.

Latest posts

Back